GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 05:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do YOU expect?  (Read 1546 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: July 16, 2014, 04:53 PM »

What do you expect from your internet kite store?

FOR ME:

1. Answer your e-mail, especially your "customer service" address usually listed on "contact"
    webpage.
2. Show the kite specifications.
     a. width & height & weight (these are very important)
     b. wind speed (even thought this is subjective to each flier)
     c. show bridle specifications (In most cases an e-mail should work)
     d. frame specifications
3. Have spare parts available for the stunt kites you sell. Why should I have to go somewhere
    else to buy parts for the kite you sold me?
4. Up to date webpages.
5. IT'S ALL ABOUT CUSTOMER SUPPORT

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:18 PM by np » Logged
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 05:37 PM »

I knew I would forget something.
Kent & Daelyn @ A Wind of Change: Kent offered to take care of a warranty issue for me and I hadn't (shame on me) even purchased the kite from him. My plans are to make some changes with where my money is being spent. Kent also supports the forum with paid advertisement on the right side of the front page. He also carries lots of parts for a variety of Dualies and Rev kites.
kite_pilot
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:12 PM »

tim @ benson kites is awsome as is the staff @ skyburner kites jon/marieanne as well r.e quick helpful customer service!! Wink
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:14 PM by kite_pilot » Logged

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
SparkieRob

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:16 PM »

+1 on both of the above.

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, there are kites.
Hadge

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 06:08 AM »

From personal experience I'd certainly give Tim Benson a +1 for aftersales service

2. Show the kite specifications.
     a. width & height & weight (these are very important)
     b. wind speed (even thought this is subjective to each flier)
     c. show bridle specifications (In most cases an e-mail should work)
     d. frame specifications

As a mass producer of kites I've always found HQ very good for this - their 'Support' page has full frame/bridle specs for the vast majority of their range going back many years . This is in contrast to some of other big volume names who seem to keep this information something of a closely guarded secret.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Captainbob

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22 PM »

I bought almost all my kites from AWOC, and one from Skyburner directly. Both excellent people to deal with. 

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 07:04 PM »

tim @ benson kites is awsome as is the staff @ skyburner kites jon/marieanne as well r.e quick helpful customer service!! Wink

Agreed on Jon and Marieanne of Skyburner/Kites and Fun Things. I bought a Premier Widow from them and lost a stand-off. Marieanne put a replacement in the mail immediately, at no charge. There's good reason they have loyal customers!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:28 AM by SkyDancer » Logged

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
Trip
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 10:26 AM »

Ditto on everything said above. I've dealt with Skyburner, AWOC and ITW. All have been excellent in their customer support and communication. And their websites are up-to-date and very informative.  Grin

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:37 PM by Trip » Logged

Robert "Trip" Hilliard
http://hilliard.ws/kites.htm
http://hilliard.ws/kitegallery.htm

"May the wind be at our backs. Stations." -- Kirk, TSFS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change