GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 03:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow I started flying again.  (Read 823 times)
kitekrazy
Trade Count: (0)
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:51 PM »

I hadn't flown in a competition since the turn of the century. Now it's time to fly for fun.

I've got a lot of kites that I can't remember which ones I have. For some stupid reason I forget I have a Gemini and it hasn't even seen an hour air time. That's a sin.

I've spent the last 3 of 4 days flying kites. It sure beats walking as far as exercise and not so boring, that is if you spend time doing tricks since it does require a lot of movement. It's really good exercise.

Sometimes when you get away from it, it is hard to get back into it. I know some find it hard to believe but it is possible.

I've been tempted to order and E2, E3 or one of Ken McNeill's designs but it's time to go into the bags and explore what I haven't messed with. (except the Level 7)  Everything I own is not made anymore except the Benson kites and Revs.

Last night I flew a Spirit of Air - Shuriken Omega that hardly had any air time.  The last I remember I didn't care much for it but last night seemed to erase that. So my goal is to fly every kite in my bag. Even to monstrous Hawaiian Team Kite.

Back in my 30's I use to fly in the Winter. Now that I'm in my mid 40's I've become a more of a wuss to weather conditions.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:54 PM by kitekrazy » Logged
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 04:32 PM »

Well, I got you beat age-wise by a few years. I recently discovered flying when the temps are in the 30s in the last couple of years and it's not that bad! I actually enjoy flying then. Temps in the 40s is even better. You only have to dress for it and where light gloves.

I miss it if I don't get out so I'll always try to get out if the temperature isn't too bad.

Bob D.
ainokea
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 07:11 PM »

I've had more flight time in the past three Friday nights than I did all of last year. I do this every now and then since I started flying back in 86'. (I get burnt out) I'll go months without even looking at a kite, let alone flying one. Now the urge to fly has come back, and it's enjoyable again. Now I look forward to Friday nights again. Smiley

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum