GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 07:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Miss My Kites!  (Read 2031 times)
MaddSkillz
Trade Count: (0)
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:30 PM »

Wow, things have changed... I used to frequent the old GWTW forum under the username "JitsuGuy."  The kites I had were a Prism Illusion, Prism Eclipse, Benson Outer Space, Viper, Revolution (forgot which model...) And I still have my custom E2, but it's broken.  =(

So I get this idea that I'm going to see what's going on in the kite world and I can't find GWTW kites... That's where I got most all of my stuff.  Where are they?  Who do you all buy from now?  I was a pretty established kite pilot, but the yo-yo thing became big once my interests became more involved in other things... But it really never left me completely.  So, here I am trying to figure out what kite I should get... The Deep Space looks awesome!  I flew a Gemeni and I really liked it but it didn't track like I like my kites to.  The Viper, man, that was an awesome kite... There's still one out there somewhere with my name on it... I wish I could get it back.  =(  Oh yeah, and I had a Warrior from PBSK!  That thing was gorgeous! 

Here's a tip to you all, never ever sell all your kites!  I was young and dumb and now I'm really regretting it.  I need to send this E2 off to Prism to see if they can fix it.  One of the those holes for the stab - oh man, I forget the terminology.  Well it tore, there are others I can put that stab thing in, but I think that position is the best spot for the that kite.

So, any advice you all can offer an old (well I'm 33, hopefully that's not old) kite friend looking to get back into the game would be great!

Thanks!
Bugly
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 04:38 AM »

Well GWTW would be an obvious choice to make as the supplier (see top right hand side of page for link, Wink)
If you like a kite that tracks well - I humbly suggest that the Deep Space will track no better then a Gemini. 
MaddSkillz
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 06:03 AM »

Oh! So they are still around just a different web address... I had it bookmarked to the old one.  Cool!  Thanks!
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 07:44 AM »

I would not agree with that.

If you like a kite that tracks well - I humbly suggest that the Deep Space will track no better then a Gemini. 
sbrown
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 08:34 AM »

GWTW/Chico Kites

For a kite that tricks and tracks well, I'd recommend either the Blue Moon Muse or Flying Wings Silver Fox 2.3, at an even more affordable price. The Muse is one of the best values on the market, IMO.

Sent from my 6 year old laptop using Hunt'n'Peck.
MaddSkillz
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 09:45 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions folks!  I just remembered that I also had an Elixer!  I think I had more, I just can't remember for sure.

What the heck was I thinking!?!?!?
MaddSkillz
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 09:46 AM »

Wow, that Muse is really nice!

BTW, I'm in Tulsa Oklahoma, any kite flyers still out in these parts?
Gardner
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 10:11 AM »

I think the kite club there is still functioning.  You might contact Troy Gunn.

Gardner
MaddSkillz
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 10:37 AM »

Coo, will do!  I remember the name Troy Gunn. 
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 12:11 PM »

Wow, that Muse is really nice!

BTW, I'm in Tulsa Oklahoma, any kite flyers still out in these parts?

Hey Mad...

Nice to hear of other fliers in Tulsa!  Have you been out to the field off Garnett?  The same area that was used for the Convention a while back.  You should find someone out there just about every weekend....Look for a gathering of cars out by the little stand of trees actually ON the field.  Larry Stiles is always out there. He is also pretty much in charge of all the Tulsa Windrider info!  Hope to see you out there some time. I'm out of town for the next 3 months but will be out there when I return. Also, make sure to ask the guys when the Air and Space Museum Kite Fest is happening.  It was a pretty good festival last year and you could get in touch with a lot of local fliers while there! 

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
Bugly
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 06:06 PM »

Fair enough Jim. I just stated my opinion - to rephrase then - there are dozens of kites that track better then the DS - but I don't believe precision was its major design criteria. 
MaddSkillz
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 07:29 PM »

Skitch, I know that field... I kite buggied and flew out there every weekend for a couple of years.  I know Larry Stiles.  Shorter guy that loves to buggy!  Very good guy!

I'll head out there and see if I can find someone.  I may do that this Saturday even! 

Thanks for the info!  Oh and I'll check into the kite fest as well!
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 09:47 PM »

I'd agree with that.

Fair enough Jim. I just stated my opinion - to rephrase then - there are dozens of kites that track better then the DS - but I don't believe precision was its major design criteria. 
Bugly
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 11:19 PM »

Wink
I'd agree with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document