GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 02:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Fearlessly! :)  (Read 462 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: August 04, 2014, 01:17 PM »

Another gorgeous day in Seattle!

I had not flown my SUL in some time - amazing kite and certainly one of my all time favorites.  It inspired me to fly the whole set! 

A bit hot in the full sun here in the summer of the PNW, but fall will be here before we know it - so I'm enjoying every minute if it.

Tom

6 kite tom
Captainbob
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:42 PM »

Another gorgeous day in Seattle!

I had not flown my SUL in some time - amazing kite and certainly one of my all time favorites.  It inspired me to fly the whole set! 

A bit hot in the full sun here in the summer of the PNW, but fall will be here before we know it - so I'm enjoying every minute if it.

Tom

What kind of wind do you need to fly that stack?

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 05:51 PM »

Hey Tom, glad to see you still have the Tattoo... One of the best SUL kites I've ever flown, thanks for turning me on to it ! I will never let mine go.

SparkieRob
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:33 PM »

What, no red one...? Nice set.

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, there are kites.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 08:13 PM »

Hey Tom, glad to see you still have the Tattoo... One of the best SUL kites I've ever flown, thanks for turning me on to it ! I will never let mine go.

You are most welcome Rob - I've always loved the way that the kite looks while tricking, smooth and graceful.

6 kite tom
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 04:59 AM »

The Tattoo is the best SSUL I have flown on this side of the pond. Hands-down. Nothing is close. If there is something else let me know ... Interesting how TIGHT the lower spreader joins into the kite making the overall kite surface very smooth and HARD in that a coin will almost BOUNCE off its surface ... no doubt a Lam perfectionist built-in intentional design. I sure would like to compare it to that black PAW kite where he does that rising TURTLE in that video ... they seem to be VERY CLOSE? Personally - I think both kites are at the same level ... just a feeling PAW and TP ... are these the best SSULs in the Kiting World today for SSUL dual floaters (not SUL types)? Would consider TNT Zero but the PAW kite flys VERY SIMILAR and REACTS very similar to the Tattoo from the videos I have seen. To me a SSUL is also classified as an indoor kite where if you walked backward continuously it could STILL mimic trick-wise what you just did in the field.

APJ 

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
Trip
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 06:22 AM »

Very nice stack Tom! 

Robert "Trip" Hilliard
http://hilliard.ws/kites.htm
http://hilliard.ws/kitegallery.htm

"May the wind be at our backs. Stations." -- Kirk, TSFS
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 08:27 AM »

HMMM ... the kite I was referring to is called the Crow-LW. Sure would like to compare these two together - but the Crow LW seems more of a SUL than SSUL with a 3PT spine and 2PT lower spreader. Maybe this combination works just as well - not sure of the LE's of Tattoo? The weights appear equivalent (roughly).

APJ

CROW LW
SUL/UL mix...about 200gr.with leighter sail, LE: 2pt, Spine:3pt, Upper spreader: 4mm Exel Cruise, Lower spreader: 3pt, Standoff: In 2mm CFK / Out 3mm CFK
Recomendet Lines: 30m/25kg Protec

Maybe an ALL 2PT kite is the answer for a kite EQUIVALNET to the Tattoo? Contact me privately ... interested.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:51 AM by asburyparkjohn » Logged

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change