GWTW Forum
September 19, 2014, 10:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: info on blue moon exile kite ??  (Read 2287 times)
ozkite_pilot
Trade Count: (0)
« on: July 03, 2009, 11:50 PM »

hi guys
well thanks for you for steering my mind in the rite direction im going to buy a blue moon exile,most likely i will buy the std frame.
i wonder if i am able to get a custom rainbow color made up ??

also is this kite good for doing most tricks ??

and is it a allrounder type kite ?? , ore free style kite ??

any other info on it please ??

does it have adjustble stand offs roll bars,weight system,e.c.t ??

cheers
glen
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 12:22 AM »

Start here:

http://www.bluemoonkites.com/exile.htm

There are colorizers to play with and lots of information.

After you read everything on that link and sub-links and played with the colorizer, you'll have a very good understanding of what is offered.

Then, if you still have any questions, you can come back with a better understanding of what you still want to ask or you can phone Ken McNeill directly.

You can't go wrong with a KMac kite.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
ozkite_pilot
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 12:30 AM »

hi mate
thanks for the reply and link
cheers
glen
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 02:19 AM »

You can get it in any color available.

Good for most tricks, new and old school.

All arounder and Freestyle pretty much mean the same thing to me, it's both. It's not a kite built purely for Tricks Party competition in expert hands, it's not a kite built for precision or team flying, it's not a kite built for ballet, but it'll do all of the above without giving too much away to those purpose built kites.

It has adjustable stand-offs. No roll bars but comes with yo yo stops that you'll have to install if you want or when your ready for them. Comes with one of the best adjustable weight systems, 5-25 grams I think in 5 gram increments that can be positioned anywhere on the tail of the spine to micro-adjust to your preference.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
ozkite_pilot
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 03:12 AM »

cool,thanks for the info mate!!!
cheers
glen
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 07:19 PM »

Just whipped this up, footage of the Exile I recently traded for...

A day in Exile...

But, it's nothing even close to this one...  Huh

Exile kite form Blue Moon Fabrications

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 07:28 PM »

Wow, glen.  I would have thought you'd have got enough info from http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=322.0

Can't go wrong with an Exile.  A great all round kite that does all the tricks, and comes in your own colour choice.

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 09:20 AM »

EXILES ARE AMAZING! youll love them from the 1st flght. as said before, comes in your own color choice. just assemble, hook it up to some lines, and have a blast.  Cheesy

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
ozkite_pilot
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 01:21 PM »

thanks guys,great news.
so with my unruly,unpredictble,up and down inland wind do i get std or ul frame ??
thanks
glen
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 01:29 PM »

The standard will fly to fairly low wind.

Do your up and down winds peak in the UL range or the standard range?

I'm sure you will then be able to answer your own question.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 05:40 PM »

The Exile UL is a true UL. It is best in the lower to mid winds of its 1-8mph wind range. By the time you get to 8mph it is very powered up.

By the time you get to 4 or 5mph, the standard is getting along quite nicely. That puts the UL at its most useful in the 2-4mph range.

If your wind is bumpy 1ish to 5mph, the UL might be your kite. But, I have to say I don't think it likes bumpy wind all that much. The frame will start to deform with too much of that sort of thing. It gets un-fun to fly when this happens.

If you are looking at anything more the std with the basic frame would be a better choice. The slightly less stiff frame will do better in bumpy wind than the Nitro frame will IMO.

Also, the UL tricks okay with a hunk of weight on it, but not as well as the std.

What it really excels at is slow tricking with no weight in the lower part of its wind range, doing Mayet-type Two pop roll ups, Tazs, 540s, JLs, etc, IMO.

Unless you are flying in low wind all the time, the standard is the one you want to be looking at.

Other people may have different thoughts on the matter.

JMO, HTH, YMMV.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:54 PM by JimB » Logged
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07 PM »

Having experience with both Exiles, I totally agree with all points of this advice. 

The standard goes so low that you really have to be looking for what I would consider an SUL, in order to choose the Exile UL over the standard.

6 kite tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document