The heat didn't stop me from flying...
(1/3) > >>
Jorge Gouverneur:
It was so hot that my camera overheated twice on me. Still the heat didn't stop me from flying my kites.

SkyBurner Aura UL
tpatter:
Thanks for posting Jorge!

I've been enjoying the SUL version lately - very fun.
asburyparkjohn:
Never flown a stunt kite in Florida but played around 300 rounds of golf ... early in the Morning from 7-9:30 AM (hopefully finishing before 11AM) in the Summer ... Palm Coast, Florida. Do you fly v.early in the morning or after 8PM at all in the Summer? I guess the question is ... do you only? ...  ::) ::) ::)

APJ
Jorge Gouverneur:
Quote from: asburyparkjohn on August 18, 2014, 05:39 AM

Never flown a stunt kite in Florida but played around 300 rounds of golf ... early in the Morning from 7-9:30 AM (hopefully finishing before 11AM) in the Summer ... Palm Coast, Florida. Do you fly v.early in the morning or after 8PM at all in the Summer? I guess the question is ... do you only? ...  ::) ::) ::)

APJ

I prefer after 8PM when is not raining. (I try to fly as much possible after work). on Weekends I like to go from 8-10 AM and also The park I like to go is illuminated at night. So I actually can stay up to around 11:00 PM. flying my kites. 

The earliest I've flown my kites was when I went to Treasure Island This Year, I woke up at 5:30 AM and was flying my kites at 6:00 AM.

asburyparkjohn:
You do have the advantage of flying all year ... I stop between November - February and don't frequent the beach till April consistently ... when I first bought a beach house I went out at 6AM sunrise ... its a good feeling flying from virtually no winds to 10 mph and working through your kite bag.
The best flying zone in AP is a place called Dog Beach where dogs have to leave at 8:30AM ... Its interesting with a beach of 100 dogs although most pack in on their side 100 yards away ... with time I just show up now-a-days at 8AM. I do fly occasionally near my place at night with east winds and the lights on the boardwalk are sufficient ... 

APJ
Navigation
Message Index
Next page