GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 12:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bag  (Read 932 times)
wagsboyz
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: August 20, 2014, 06:56 PM »

It seems that my recent kite buying over flowed my existing kite bag and I needed a new one.  I also found during a kite build that my sewing skills needed improvement so this is what I made...  Might look familiar to some...
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:23 PM »

Very nice.  Well done. 

I been working on a bag for my new revs.  Hope to get it finished soon.  Always getting interruptions.  Angry
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 12:34 AM »

...  Might look familiar to some...

Oi! you've pinched my kite bag!....well nearly ( Only kidding   Wink)

Nice job! they are actually pretty easy to make - even I managed it and I can't sew!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
wagsboyz

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:42 PM »

Thanks guys.  really not that hard and I learned a few things in the process. 

np
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 02:59 PM »

Looks good. I'm going to have to check this out next time down. I like the individual pockets. My bag is all in one. A see if you can find me type bag. 
wagsboyz

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 06:26 PM »

Norm,  If you want one I'd be happy to make you one.  I made mine an eight kite bag which is really a copy of my Prism bag which is ten kite.  Since the picture I have added 7" high pockets at one end for line sets not sure if I'm gonna do the other end but can do .  Mine is primarily black with purple inside let me know what colors...
np

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 07:41 PM »

Norm,  If you want one I'd be happy to make you one. 
Jon, no way can I beat an offer like this, but to be fair I think we should do some trading. I've got a bulk spool of Shanti Speed line (90#) and I know a guy can always use a line-set or 2 with some straps attached. We'll work something out. Much appreciated. 
Trip
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 05:32 PM »

I admire the heck out of you guys that can sew.  Grin

Robert "Trip" Hilliard
http://hilliard.ws/kites.htm
http://hilliard.ws/kitegallery.htm

"May the wind be at our backs. Stations." -- Kirk, TSFS
Wayner

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 11:17 PM »

These projects are pretty easy (may not look professional but functions well)
Just jump in you will learn quickly 
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 01:51 AM »

These projects are pretty easy (may not look professional but functions well)
Just jump in you will learn quickly 

They are pretty straightforward to make but the thing I would add is plan what you want to do first and think ahead. In the case of my bag when I first put in the strip that forms the kite pockets I could only sew it along the long side and bottom as I needed to get behind the pocket to sew in one of the carry strap fastenings and one of the three closing straps - sewing up the last side and sewing the actual pockets for the kites was the very last job. It's easy to get carried away with the sewing machine and then have to unpick stitches afterwards!! Embarrassed

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
np

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 06:12 AM »

Steve, I went back thru your post and found this: Good idea just in case you buy a new Mamba.  Grin I also see you incorporated a pouch for your MP-3 player.

the top flap just folds over so you can adjust the length for longer kites. 
Wayner

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 10:59 AM »

It's easy to get carried away with the sewing machine and then have to unpick stitches afterwards!! Embarrassed

I guess that is why the seam ripper is my best friend on all my sewing projects.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum