GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 06:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HQ Infinity  (Read 2356 times)
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:35 PM »

Saw this on Steve's news board, but there is not alot of Media on it that I could find.  Anyone have anything info?
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 12:27 AM »

you looking for reviews, or specs?

i don't own one but have flown both the standard and vented versions.

a little more info can be found in another thread here on the forums. the link is below:

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=1004.0

Fdeli
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 05:48 PM »

The kite is so new that the new kite smell is still packed away in the bags.  Because of the newness, I doubt you will find much on it other than the few people who have posted.

That being said, I have this new beauty tucked away in my A bag and its an awesome kite.  It can do much more than I can throw at it and everything I am capable of doing it does extremely well.  100% Icarex sail, excellent construction, mega-adjustable bridle, yo yo stoppers installed....just a great kite and one that belongs in the "best of" class.

Fly one - you won't regret it except that newly made hole in your wallet. Smiley

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53 PM »

Norm,

Is there something you need to know about the nose construction? I don't quite understand your desire for the close-up.

We never got a snag or a hint of a snag. If you look at some of the photos using FULL SIZE, you can see a very small indent, but we were unable to catch anything there.

Between those of us who do tricks, we were able to:
axel, backspin (barrel roll really), cascade, flic-flac, 540, axel to fade, slot machine, comete, yoyos (fast and slow).

Our small band isn't quite up to the Taz Machine  and forward pitch tricks, so we can't really speak for those.

The kite's 8 foot size translates into slower tricks, giving the pilot and onlookers a little more time to see what is happening compared to the 7 foot tricksters.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:02 PM »

Our small band isn't quite up to the Taz Machine  and forward pitch tricks, so we can't really speak for those.

How does it yo-fade backspin cascade and yo-yo Comete?

Actually is it more of a flat spinner or a lazy susan-er?
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 10:36 PM »

The kite is made more in the modern tradition. It is not a flat-spinner. The nose sits back in a turtle deep enough to do the multi-LS or JL type stuff.

Gamelord

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 04:07 PM »

I took a couple close up shots of one for you.  Hope this helps.  The picture quality is nowhere near as good at John's but might do the trick for you.  One is the back of the nose, the other the front.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gamelord

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 04:10 PM »

Here are two more for you.  One is the upper bridle & adjustment as well as the stitching and leading edge construction.  There are these same adjustments on all three points of the bridle, upper spreader (shown), Lower leading edge attachment and center spine.  Each adjustment area has the same amount of knots that you could "tinker" with till your tinkered out.

The other is another close up shot of the nose

[attachment deleted by admin]

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 04:36 PM »

how very kind of you.

Fdeli
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 06:38 PM »

Norm,

Kent has always been above board on this Forum. He never hawks his wares here or in emails as a result of what he reads here. He always steers readers toward purchasing from GWTW (the E2 is a recent example). He also loans me kites to fly, evaluate and post pictures, knowing that Steve will also use the pictures. In addition, his replies are direct and only given when he has information germane to the subject. He's a flyer, buggier and a friend.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change