GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 02:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying in Holland  (Read 1466 times)
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: July 03, 2009, 01:12 PM »

Just thought maybe there might be some interest in this here as well.  I think it's a decent 7 minute break from whatever you are doing:  a little John Sco', and a little kiting.

It's mostly not me flying (my camera), and in the last little bit, there is some swearing.

The Essence of Dutch Flying

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
obijuankenobe

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:22 AM »

Hmmm...thought this would make some folks happy.  Maybe not?  Anyway, for those that care, four VF13 entries are being pulled from this session.  I thought it was a'ight at least.   Roll Eyes

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
gwm
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:36 AM »

I liked it. Must be nice to have the wind blow for more than 10 seconds
UPNET
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:55 AM »

Nice to see our brother kite fliers having fun over there!  Grin
No wind....  Sad  lot's of humidity...down here in the South.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 04:15 AM »

Hey Obi...

That's some nice flying... It must be nice to have a bunch of talented people to fly with. You guys fly on some LONG lines... maybe it's just the camera perspective, but it looks like some of the shots, the kite was on lines longer than 100ft.

~Rob.

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 06:00 AM »

Nice! I love the look of the Elysum Standard at the begining of that video.  Cheesy
Sweet stuff.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
obijuankenobe

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 07:16 AM »

In the video, we are all flying with 35m (about 115').  I fly the XTs is on 45m when the conditions permit Cool (including in this video).

Thanks for the comments.  I have to admit, I was wondering if folks watched even  Cheesy ?

obi

UPNET

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 03:36 PM »

Of course we watch....we just don't say anything.  We don't want you to get...too big of an EGO    Cheesy ...or else you might not want to fly with some of us!   Kiss

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
fidelio

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 02:25 AM »

heck yeah, i watch every video people post on here (of flying). i enjoy them all, and encourage people to post them, because i know it takes a considerable amount of effort to get a video all the way to the forums.

i want to let people know their efforts are acknowledged and appreciated but i don't always have comments directly on the flying as if i'm honest, you all fly rings around me.

i do watch, and i do enjoy. thanks obi.  Smiley

Fdeli
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document