GWTW Forum
September 28, 2016, 11:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What has happened with Rev?  (Read 1045 times)
ljs1977
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 30, 2016, 07:59 AM »

I have been out of the kiting game for a while.

I was looking at the new Rev range and notice everything is missing, then JB has left them, then Bazza has set up on his own.

The reflex - are they just aiming at beginners now or is this a serious bit of kit?

thanks
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:19 AM »

I doubt we'll ever know the details but yes, bazzer and JB left and Iquad no longer flies as the official rev team.

The b series revs might remain as part of the 1.5 line up since the base design has been around a long time, but will no longer be JB endorsed.  That's all I've heard so far.

I'll be demoing a reflex this weekend, will put it through some paces and see how it compares to the 1.5
photomom
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:33 AM »

And after January 2017 there will be no more B-series Revs.  No word on what or even if there will be a replacement.  They're pushing the Club 38 but so far there has been little feedback on that. 

lineman
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:47 AM »

FREILIEN KITES  might be taking up there slack , we'll see.
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 09:54 AM »

Club 38 seems to be a training system? am i understanding that correctly???

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
riffclown

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 12:29 PM »

I have been out of the kiting game for a while.

I was looking at the new Rev range and notice everything is missing, then JB has left them, then Bazza has set up on his own.

The reflex - are they just aiming at beginners now or is this a serious bit of kit?

thanks

The Reflex is a serious offering and they are also staging a 1.5 version of it for near release in the future.. Possibly to line up with the opening in the line-up from the B Series Departure,,

While Rev is touting the Reflex as a Beginner (and it is very easy to learn on.) kite,it flies differently enough that you'll still have to learn how to fly a Rev.. The reflex is almost too forgiving.. It's also pricier than the rest of their lineup AND the frames and connectors are different.. Not interchangeable with other Revs. You break a rod you have to order since most shops don't have a ready supply of Reflex Rods.. Kind of like trying to find a replacement rod for your Zen or a Rev I.. Just not a plentiful.. Recent issues with the Green Trimmed rods haven't helped the case for the quality we've come to expect from them..

There's enough info that can be read between the lines if you look close enough at the Rev offerings and happenings right now that I'll not voice my opinions other than to say, I welcome the offerings of competitors,  as competition can only benefit the consumer.. Good on Bazzer and I wish him the best.. I'll own a Phoenix sooner or later. Love the look and I have to try one.  Good on OSK for taking the initiative and offering a viable alternative (Freilein) at a much more reasonable price point... I've got 4 of theirs on the way now. (just begging to be stacked)  The exclusivity Rev enjoyed for many years is gone. There are  other options now at lower price points that continue to innovate in design and materials (Freilein). The competition may just open quad line flying up to those new to the sport and without such a steep up front investment. I hope Rev survives as they did blaze the trail. I just hope they innovate instead of burning bridges. It's not about the patent, it's about the Kites!
riffclown

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 12:33 PM »

YES, but I'm told many of the maneuvers names aren't in line with the common terms. Seems to be a stab at tapping an alternate revenue stream.
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 01:43 PM »

The exclusivity Rev enjoyed for many years is gone. There are  other options now at lower price points that continue to innovate in design and materials (Freilein). The competition may just open quad line flying up to those new to the sport and without such a steep up front investment.

Guildworks, HQ, New Tech, Spider, Benson all have had hard framed quad line kites for many years.....at much better prices than rev...so this is not a change per se...Rev was not the first....and will not be the last.......

Doing up a training program is interesting...ala Dodd's workshop classes where he would teach you the tricks....good for some, but some would go though them faster and then not be a source of income for Dodd....
Maybe Rev should try to work with AKA to redo the Quad line competition prices than rev...so this is not a change per se...Rev was not the first....and will not be the last.......
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:45 PM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
birdlovers
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 03:47 PM »

Have a set of Pro's and a new Phoenix.   Have had a bunch of B series pass through my hands.  Love them all !

Got to try the Lam Hoac ABS Quad Kite this weekend.

Just sayin.....Well Just sayin  Oh mY GOSH !!!!!!!!!

I Have to Have ONE !
riffclown

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 05:53 AM »

Price Change

According to the Rev website Club38 is now FREE to join..

http://revkites.com/club38/

Now I wonder how that affects those that paid to join??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom