GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's Got Talent Scott Weider  (Read 5201 times)
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: July 09, 2009, 10:41 PM »

No comments?

America's Got Talent Scott Weider

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
anOldMan
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:17 AM »

Not good advertising for kiting.  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:26 AM »

Sometimes s*** happens.
Dave a

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:45 AM »

What the  Huh

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:55 AM by Dave a » Logged
RonG
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 04:06 AM »

Just what Scott needs - someone else looking to talk about this  Roll Eyes

The guy is truly talented, and what happened on that show was was an embarrassing disaster - give him a break and let it die.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:10 AM by RonG » Logged
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:48 AM »

Apparently he was further down the schedule and he was setting up and then suddenly they moved him up the schedule and his lines weren't ready. They wouldn't let him get ready and straighten out his lines. And with quad lines it ain't gonna work if your lines are wrapped.

Scott is very talented and he's just an all around great guy. I hope he tries again next year.

Bob D.
tcope

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 06:12 AM »

Apparently he was further down the schedule and he was setting up and then suddenly they moved him up the schedule and his lines weren't ready. They wouldn't let him get ready and straighten out his lines. And with quad lines it ain't gonna work if your lines are wrapped.

Scott is very talented and he's just an all around great guy. I hope he tries again next year.
That's the info I was looking for. I figured something happened but did not know what. I thought it might have been the AC blowing up on stage or something like that.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
tcope

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 06:16 AM »

Just what Scott needs - someone else looking to talk about this  Roll Eyes

The guy is truly talented, and what happened on that show was was an embarrassing disaster - give him a break and let it die.
I searched here and did not find any discussion. If I missed it, sorry. I did not post anything negative about Scott as I've watched tons of his videos and am always impressed. I'm sure someone somewhere will mention this to me when I'm flying indoors or they see a Rev. I wanted to be able to explain what happen to them.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
RonG
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 06:56 AM »

I searched here and did not find any discussion. If I missed it, sorry.
You did not miss anything.  I had hoped people were just showing some tact and were going to let this one slide by.  Some other places where AGT is discussed have been brutal (as were the audience and judges).

I did not post anything negative about Scott as I've watched tons of his videos and am always impressed. I'm sure someone somewhere will mention this to me when I'm flying indoors or they see a Rev. I wanted to be able to explain what happen to them.
I have already had to explain it.
John Welden

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 10:55 AM »

There is no way a kite act is going to win anything on that show.  Never should have gone on in the first place.
tcope

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:16 AM »

There is no way a kite act is going to win anything on that show.  Never should have gone on in the first place.
Obviously a fast majority of the acts are not going to win. But the good thing about appearing on the show would have been  to educate people about indoor kite flying and perhaps get them interested in picking one up.

We don't win any awards by flying our kites at festivals (well, most of us don't) but we still do it.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
anOldMan

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 04:33 PM »

Look, my first impression was, this is S**t.

But after reeding the problem that he had, what if he was to fly the kite as he can.

If 1 in 500 people who saw the episode, said "I can do that". There would kite flying be (or indoor kite flying be).

A BIG UP.

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
Dave a

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 04:43 PM »

Quote from: RonG
I had hoped people were just showing some tact and were going to let this one slide by

Noble intentions Ron, but you cant expect a dedicated kiting forum to pretend this never happened and not discuss it, and besides, no-ones been ridiculing the guy (not here anyway)
But i am inclined to agree with JW, a kiting act was never going to win a show like this, or even going to get more than a few seconds before being buzzed out.
Even a perfect start wouldnt have helped.
John Welden

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 06:44 PM »

I suppose if everything was perfect someone could pull off a pretty cool indoor kite routine.  With that small stage and who knows what kind of air flow going on, it's not going to happen.  Plus, no matter how cool the kite routine, I don't see normal people thinking it's cool enough to pay to see in Vegas. 

So what, the guy screwed up or his equipment failed or whatever.  I don't think it's a big deal and I'm not trying to make him feel bad by talking about it.  He got up there and tried and it didn't work out, it's not the end of the world.
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 07:06 PM »

There maybe another angle that hasn't been explored.. (The production team of AGT) Lips sealed Not to cast aspersions, as I'm only speculating Roll Eyes (but I have been behind the scenes a few times on these sort of shows), if the crowd and judges are on a roll (good or bad) then it's in the best interest of the production team and the ratings to keep it going.

From the comments here it's conceivable that he was 'set up to fall'... Ratings are ratings after all and they are god..... (A little change of order in the run sheet is going to throw anyone's prep, and don't think they don't know it, and they don't generally change anything without a really really good reason...) Floor managers and assistant producers are the coldest people I've ever worked with... Nothing comes between them and the instructions on those sheaf of papers Wink

I looked at a few others of Scott's vids and I'm not going to hold that one performance against him, I think what he does is bloody good so no bad at this end...

WD

WinterDaze AoF
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document