GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 07:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LET'S TEST YOUR KITE MEMORY BANK! WHO FIRST CAN NAME THIS KITE?  (Read 1311 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 15, 2009, 02:21 PM »

Digging through my old kite bag closet looking for another old kite that needed some of those great new #13 Skyshark Response rods that arrived so quickly from GWTW in less that 48 hrs....

While looking for that kite I ran across an old yellow kite bag that that had "V-POINT BadBoy" scribbled in black felt marker.

Suddenly remembering that I had returned that Peter B Vantage Point...I was surprised to see another old 1992 Competition SUL that I had thought was long gone!!!!!

This kite was made my a really gifted kite designer who in those early daze-days was making custom kites for a major kite mfg for a short time...but he became in such demand....he "split ways" with that kite builder and started his own line of kites for a short time.

LET'S TEST YOUR OLD KITE-KOOT MEMORY?I WONDER WHICH OLD KITE-OL'KOOT CAN TAG THE CORRECT KITE AND KITE BUILDER OF THIS AMAZING OLD KITE FROM 1992?

[attachment deleted by admin]
kmac
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 02:54 PM »

Seems like I remember seeing one of those tattooed on a female pairs flyer "back in the day"
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 07:49 PM »

Nemesis ?

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
kmac
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:52 PM »

Bill Kildow (sp?)
Sketch

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:10 PM »

Nemesis ?

Mike.

The NEMISIS U.L. (this one has the lighter SUL sail and frame however...Right on...Mike and Ken!
That's a  "Wild Bill Killer, da' Dow" Willam Killdow. A really gifted knowledgeable and artistic soul with a huge talent for kite making.
This kite shows so much pride in excellence.
I lost track of him after he left Skyburner.....Huh?I wonder if he is still adicted to the wind?
Check out the tail section. This is one of his first SUL' test kites where he added a leach line in the trailing edge to quiet things down and outter stand off pockets to nimble up his Nemesis
I have added those new GWTW #12 Skyshark Response rods that Steve so graciously fired off priority mail to me.
Took it out for a quick test in some reeealllly light air and WOW! That old koot kite flys pretty pretty darn good. I had forgotten just how smooth and steady straight line tracking could be with an SUL. Plus that added leech line in the trailing edge really keeps things quick n' quiet.
I little to do a little  more work with my active bridle.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:25 PM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change