GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism E3 vs. Other High End Board Favorite Kites  (Read 9175 times)
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 04:35 AM »

There is, of course, a further reason to choose the artisan Tongue over the manufacturer. Allow me to paint the scene for you:-

let us say that you try Prism's E3 and you are transported to a higher plane of kiteflying joy. It is what you've been waiting for. Your prayers are answered. The search is over. You've found Your Perfect Kite™ (and I'm prepared to accept that this scenario could happen, given an infinite universe).

What happens when the wind drops a little to below the E3's claimed 3mph minimum wind speed (and I think we all know about the credibility of kite makers' wind speed claims) ? Is there an E3 UL or E3 SUL to keep you happy ? Is there likely to be ? Doesn't seem like it.

What if the wind howls on to above... 25mph max. wind ?!?!? C'mon Prism, be serious. Anyhoooo..... is there a vented E3 to be had ? There is not.

What if you'd like a custom colour scheme or even some individual graphics to set you apart from every other yahoo who clicked on the Buy It Now button on eBay ? Unless you get a Berkeley-edition, no dice.

Would you like the kite even more if it were pimped and polished with some of those fairy-dust showered Aerostuff spars ? Not from the factory I suspect.

And so... for those of us that make this our hobby and for whom these sorts of options (even if we don't make use of them) are important, then the mass-produced kites simply will not do. I don't think this makes them bad, just aimed at someone else.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
nosedive
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2009, 06:53 AM »

interesting!  is is like music really, when you think about it, ..it's all personal opinion!  Like, the way shoes, or jeans fit, or a hat.  What golf clubs are better? The list goes on and on....and on and on.

I've been lucky enough to live 5 minutes from Jon Trennepoh's place,...say no more!  Wink   Spent many hours in his shop 'shooting the breeze' (no pun)....great guy, ....great kites! (And yes, ..even his Premier made, JT designed kites are nice too)    So, ...I'm a little partial to Skyburner as he's right down the road from me, but still ....

I can certainly appreciate Blue Moon, etc, etc,....it's all what strikes you, or "tickles your fancy" sotospeak.

Fly to the limits YOU want to fly to....set your OWN limits, ...get the kite YOU want, ...and enjoy!  Grin
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:55 AM by nosedive » Logged

Jeff
Vents?! I don't need no stinkin' vents! Cheesy
anOldMan

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 02:31 PM »

To both Zippy8 and Nosedive a very big "Thumbs UP"...

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 04:30 PM »

I never knew about Blue Moon, Benson, STX etc. until I visited this forum.  What makes these high end kites better than a Prism E3?  I fully expect quality of construction to be better but do they actually fly better?

I thought the E3 was the ultimate end point for my hobby but want to understand why others have made different choices.
Hey KM...
It's just important that you get out and fly. And enjoy what you're flying. I fly some of my kites because I like the way they look. I fly some of them because I like the way they fly. The E3 is a very capable kite that will take you a long way. If it's anything like the rest of Prism's kites, it should be very durable, too.
~Rob.

icenum
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 10:01 AM »

Good kites that excel in percision as well as freestyle capability is hard to find, L'atelier-R-Sky-Blue Moon-Machine-Akuji-Skymaster-all share similarities but all very different.
Akuji is a moster trick kite
R-Sky-Does both right kite
Machine-Only flew one never owned are good at both
Blue Moon-Excellent at both
Skymaster-$$ excellent at both
L'atelier-Both well rounded categories
Oversteer something I don't care for much....You do not have to spend a lot. Just flying best med here..
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document