GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Since it is my forum ...  (Read 3083 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 09:21 PM »

Josiah turned 3 months on the 6th.  He just left ... came over for dinner tonight (oh yeah, he brought his mom and dad with him).
I thought that having a kid was life's greatest experience ... wrongo bongo ... having grand kids is even better.
BTW ... while I was enjoy Josiah's company here in Chico Chris was down in Sacramento spending some time with her 11 year old grandson Zack who is visiting from North Carolina.
@ozonejim ... got the guitar angle covered ... plenty at his house as well as at grandpa's.
While he doesn't have his own kite yet (he would be the heir apparent to the TTUL collection)Chris did make him a blanket with kites on it.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 09:55 PM »

Chris did make him a blanket with kites on it.

Classic!   Smiley Smiley

Allen, AKA kitehead
Brian O
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 09:39 AM »

Cute kid  Grin  Good thing he doesn't take after his grand dad   Shocked Roll Eyes Cheesy
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 10:55 AM »

Yea having kids is great I have 3 boys 29, 23, and 20

But grand kids are much better, You get to hold and play with them, enjoy doing and teaching them things,
and the best part...... they go home at the end of the day.

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

EBGB

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 11:45 AM »

When the dirty diaper alarm goes off, you can pretend you don't know how to change it and hand 'em back to thier parents.

Strangely, when they're older, they might listen to you when they won't listen to their parents.

Although it's really hard to be your kid's parent and their buddy at the same time, it's a breeze when you're a grandparent.

A few sticks short of a full frame.
Charly
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 12:53 PM »

I am betting this kid already has grandpa wrapped around his finger...LOL  Congrats Steve.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
Sketch

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 01:13 PM »

Great photo...
Thanks for sharing...looks like you have a great base for a family kite team.
My only son was born in 1979....and started flying Tribly's a few years later.
He is 30 years old but still flies both kites and toy airplanes with his Daddy from time to time.
Some of our greatest memories for this ol'kite-koot is when Ryan and I would take our "WIND TOYS CHEETA'S, tie some crape paper streamers on them and fly "lead and follow."
Humm?
 Often we would end up flying our own version of COMBAT as we tried often in vain to cut those little crape paper streamer off the tail ends of our kites.
Gads...we went through a bunch of kite lines in those daze days.
Congrats Steve.....
Thanks for posting and sharing that photo of your new arrival!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 09:54 PM »

looks like a kiteflyer in the making...

i get to meet my new grandson for the first time next week..  he is 6 mo old now.. I am leaving for kenai tuesday..
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 08:07 AM by oyehut1955 » Logged

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
Sketch

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 09:31 AM »

looks like a kiteflyer in the making...

i get to meet my new grandson for the first time next week..  he is 60 old now.. I am leaving for kenai tuesday..
My best wishes and Congrats to Steve and others who have been fortunate enough to share our passions and love for the wind with our families and friends.
Thanks for sharing these photos and stories with us.
kitegirl

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 02:58 PM »

Josiah is a very sweet baby and does have Grandpa wrapped around his little finger. I have been lucky enough to be out at the kite field when he has come to visit Grandpa. It won't be long and we will have him flying kites.
Christine
Forum Princess
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 10:21 PM »

Looks like Grandpa has a guitar to buy  Wink
Grandpa has a 12 string acoustic that never leaves the wall! But Josiah has a dad that plays a bass guitar with a style (I can't remember the name) Tapping? Bumping? anyway he is so good it makes me cry! Never heard a bass guitar sound the way he does! But the boy will own a guitar I'm sure!

Blue Moon Princess ;0)
aka Warrior Princess too!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Nolan_k
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 01:48 PM »

Congrats Steve.

In the bag: Prism: Prophecy, I2K, E2, Berkeley 4D. Carl Robertshaw Fury. Dodd Designs: Desire UL, Big Bang, M-80. GFAK Edge 2. HQ: Obsession, Jam Session Millennium. Buena Vista Pulse. Mini Zephyr - Unknown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography