GWTW Forum
July 19, 2018, 10:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ground Zero kites?  (Read 2701 times)
deerislandbrew
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 02, 2015, 02:04 PM »

I recently acquired two dual line sport kites that were made in Australia by a company called "Ground Zero".  I think they are hand made boutique kites, but I can't find much information.  They are:  "Black Majik" and "Point Blank".  When googling all I find is an address in Tasmania Australia.  Is anyone familiar with these kites?  Were they very popular or sought after?  I think the maker is out of business now.

Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 02:49 PM »

Ground Zero kites were the creations of Robert Brassington, who has gone on to make fabulous single line things. I have no direct experience with his dual line kites, but Robert's workmanship is extremely high.

Got pics?
gwreck

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 05:38 PM »

Ground Zero stunt kites used to be imported by Once Upon A Breeze kite shop in Canon Beach, OR.  I'm not sure if they were the exclusive importer, but at least they were one of the main importers.  When I was in Canon Beach last year (my family goes to Seaside every year, and we spend a lot of time at Canon Beach as well) I stopped in the kite shop.  I asked about the Ground Zero stunt kites, and the staff at Once Upon a Breeze said that Robert Brassington has stopped making stunt kites and it concentrating on his single-line kites, which are, as Lee S says, fabulous.  I've seen a couple - only wish I could afford one.
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 06:43 PM »

Sort of all true......

Robert was ground zero sport kites but he shaved the sport kites off to a shop to continue making them....

Robert is still making prolifically, granted it is mostly single line kites, spinners and banners.... He has still made some sport kites lately, but not for retail.

Phenomenally made and designed kites....

Enjoy them (and let me know when you want one of his single lines kites).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:46 PM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 03:40 PM »

My son and I bought our first sport kite in Cannon Beach, OR - probably the same shop you mentioned gwreck.

A Ground Zero Slash - still have it.  It's a great kite for a someone learning - near indestructible. 

6 kite tom
Slew

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:42 AM »

I happen to own several of these and was trying to find something "new" when I stumbled across this site.  I currently have:

Jester XS (my favorite)
Jester
Black Magic
Nipper
Nipper Extream
Some stack-able kites (i have 5 in my stack) but ground zero for sure
and I believe the big one is called an Avalon. 

So here is the question.  Because I love the XS so much, I want another one or something that is a lot like it to help teach my son on.  I do not want to risk a kite i cannot replace.  Suggestions?  Anyone have one for sale/trade?
KaoS
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 04:51 PM »

Ground Zero kites were the creations of Robert Brassington, who has gone on to make fabulous single line things. I have no direct experience with his dual line kites, but Robert's workmanship is extremely high.

Got pics?

Brasington... only one "s"  Smiley

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Little Al

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 05:34 AM »

I recently acquired two dual line sport kites that were made in Australia by a company called "Ground Zero".  I think they are hand made boutique kites, but I can't find much information.  They are:  "Black Majik" and "Point Blank".  When googling all I find is an address in Tasmania Australia.  Is anyone familiar with these kites?  Were they very popular or sought after?  I think the maker is out of business now.

Back in the days of manufacture "Ground Zero were very well thought of kites at that time I had a " Jester"& D Gross Esq had a go withiy at a southsea festival He was very impressed with it I still have it but it's not for sale Sorry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom