GWTW Forum
September 16, 2014, 04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new prism modulus lines out soon.  (Read 5023 times)
kiter
Trade Count: (0)
« on: July 18, 2009, 06:17 PM »

i saw prism are coming out with some new quality lines supposvely soon called " modulus ".

when will they be out ?

will these lines be up there with the best as far as slickness and quality,very little drag as the rest of the best lines on market ?

has any one seen reviews or may be tried these yet ?

thank you.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:20 PM by kiter » Logged
King-J

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 06:35 PM »

Kiter,
Steve has some available,
Hey Steve when might we expect some 90#x 75' Lines
Been putting off an order on some other things awaiting the line so that it is better for you on shipping.
I hope soon before I end up spending the money I have been making on bills Sad

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 07:25 PM »

Guys,

It's ummmmm....string. Kinda long and stringy. Personally, I don't care for the idea of different color right and left lines, but I guess some do.  I've flown, over the years, in no particular order : braided dacron, braided kevlar, braided spectra blend, kevlar cored polyester (skybond) and Shanti, Berry Blue, Laser Pro, as well as some Euro-dyneema, and many types of no-name spectra. Conclusion?  Any type of hi-mod spectra type line will do just fine for most single flyer sport use. Comps, multi-line, maybe you need special.

Don't get me wrong, Prism makes a fine product, I'm sure, but I wouldn't spend all my kitebucks on linesets. If I were you, I'd be all over the deal Steve has on the remaining stock of Prism linesets. Plenty nice. Me, I usually buy bulk and roll my own Cool

Lee
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 02:06 AM »

Prism makes a fine product

Allow me to make one small correction here: Prism has a fine product made for them by Laser Pro.

So yes, they'll be good 'cos they are rebranded Laser Pro. Nothing wrong with that.

Mike.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:39 AM by zippy8 » Logged

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
kiter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 04:39 AM »

thanks for the clarification.
John Welden

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 05:55 AM »

Prism makes a fine product

Allow me to make one small correction here: Prism has a fine product made for them by Laser Pro.

So yes, they'll be good 'cos they are rebranded Laser Pro. Nothing wrong with that.

Mike.

Actually, they're a new weave that is thiner and stronger. They come pre stretched so both lines will be exactly the same length out of the box and stay that way.  I helped build the line stretching machine so I should know.

These lines aren't the same laser pro we had before. They are way more responsive.
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 06:02 AM »

Actually, they're a new weave that is thiner and stronger.

And that is the company line.  Cheesy

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Andy S

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 08:24 AM »

These lines aren't the same laser pro we had before. They are way more responsive.

Can you quantify this please? I always used to hate that lag from the old LP.

Also, does this line work on any kites, or just Prisms?
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 08:37 AM »

I'm sure it is fine line.

Wish they hadn't of dyed it though.

John Welden

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 09:52 AM »

I'm sure it is fine line.

My guess is that normal kite kiters will like it. Red for right, they like it that way.

I'd bet even a hack like Denny would notice a better feel with the new lines.

It's too bad people don't appreciate how much work goes into these sorts of things.  Regardless of the line being better, the pre stretching is great.  Not as easy to do as it sounds.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06 AM »

Yup, pre-stretch is key. A proper stretch is one of the reasons I like to make my own lines.

If gearheads like John & Mark designed a good line stretching system, the linesets should be pretty stable.

Allen, AKA kitehead
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 11:44 AM »

I won't be buying them unless they release a set with a red coloured left-hand line. Presumably that will require retooling.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
sbrown
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 11:47 AM »

Ah, the Latest Line to Save the World!
 Huh

Sent from my 6 year old laptop using Hunt'n'Peck.
John Welden

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 12:05 PM »

The most hilarious group on this forum has got to be the bitter at Prism people.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 01:18 PM »

This is really pretty simple.  The line is manufactured by Laser Pro.  As mentioned Prism added a bit of special sauce but the bottom line is if you like Laser Pro Gold you'll like this line.  If not you probably won't. 

I have a few hours on a set of 90/75's and in my hands it seems pretty much identical to LPG.

It is quality line made to very high standards.

Feel free to further discuss this but isn't it a bit Ford vs. Chevy?  Or I only like my cars in THIS color?

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document