GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 11:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new prism modulus lines out soon.  (Read 5242 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 01:37 PM »

Or micro surgery..  Huh

I won't be buying them unless they release a set with a red coloured left-hand line. Presumably that will require retooling.

Mike.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 01:42 PM »

Or ...
You could always decide for yourself ... I will have just about everything in stock in the next day or two.
http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=9
Lowest advertised prices authorized by Prism and free US shipping (okay, so on the 50/75's you'll have to pad your order by $2.50 to get free shipping)

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48 PM »

And if you don't like the two different colors of line really just buy TWO sets, then you'll have a red set and a blue set. Easy to color co-ordinate with your kite, your outfit or your mood.

Cheesy

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 01:57 PM »

Chevy has always made better kite line. Everyone knows that.  Cool

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 04:16 PM »

I've spent the last 2-3 weeks flying the 90#x75' Modulus lines exclusively.

• Definitely thinner diameter.  Comparable to non Modulus 50# lines.  But strong enough to handle 15+mph winds without snapping.
  • The red and blue color are equally difficult to see.  I fly on grass fields pretty much all the time.  I cannot see the red line in the grass at all.  I can't see the blue line in the sky at all.  Getting the lines untwisted in flight is insanely difficult.
  • These are the only lines I've ever owned that I didn't have to equalize the lengths.  But I'm not sure about mike's plan to buy two sets and match the colors, because I don't know if the sets are equalized to one another, or across the entire line.
  • Looking at it, the 90# looks like waxed dental floss.  If there's a weave, I can't see it, because it looks so damn smooth.
  • The kite-end sleeving reminds me of what Premier uses on it's linesets, and has small, Modulus-based tabs for loosening the lark's head knot.  Frankly, I liked last year's stitched sleeving, with the black tab better.
  • Winder is included, but straps are not.
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 04:30 PM »

I won't be buying them unless they release a set with a red coloured left-hand line. Presumably that will require retooling.

Mike.

Yes, ..........and that retooling expense passed on to the consumer, would mean that the price hike would far exceed the advantage of having prestretched LPG.

Oh, the horrors.....should I? shouldn't I? 

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
John Welden

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 05:19 PM »

Mike.

Yes, ..........and that retooling expense passed on to the consumer, would mean that the price hike would far exceed the advantage of having prestretched LPG.

It's not your run of the mill LPG.  It's different line all together.  Read Jared's post.
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 06:59 PM »

Evolutionary? Perhaps. Revolutionary?  I remain unconvinced. I suppose I'll buy a set some day.......

J.W., you said you help design the stretching machine.  Are these lines manufactured and/or set up here?   They seem priced like an overseas product.

funny, the description of either line set reads the same. I doubt the average kite buyer will improve in flying skill. It's string.
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 07:08 PM »

One of the funny things about these lines, from what I understand, they're made here in the US, then shipped to China for ... something.  Winding & Packaging, I think.  Then they're shipped back to the US, or anywhere else they're being sold.
EnergonCube

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 07:22 PM »

One of the funny things about these lines, from what I understand, they're made here in the US, then shipped to China for ... something.  Winding & Packaging, I think.  Then they're shipped back to the US, or anywhere else they're being sold.

Woo-hoo for killing the planet one line-set at a time.  Shocked
Kantaxel

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 07:30 PM »

It's not your run of the mill LPG.  It's different line all together.  Read Jared's post.
[/quote]

Okay, Okay................ Cry

John,

Due to your superb salesmanship and knowing that you were personally involved  Cool

I have decided to give a set the acid test, since you are garuanteeing I can get wrapped 540's on a Micron ten stack without tails...right?  Undecided

Well, if not me............... you, anyway Grin

Steve, Pm sent Shocked

Jim

PS:  I just had a monumetal brain f**t!  I could always redye the lines so I could have the red one on the left side,  .....right? Huh Cool
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:39 PM by Kantaxel » Logged

zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 07:56 PM »

I have a few hours on a set of 90/75's and in my hands it seems pretty much identical to LPG.

That will do for me then. Any tips for removing the wholly unnecessary snake oil ?

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 08:04 PM »

Just pulled out a set of LPG 90's to compare side by side ... I stand by my earlier comments.  Same apparent braid, same diameter.  Only difference I could see was the color.  So ... for the last time ... if you like LPG you will like this line ... if not, proceed at your own risk.

Oh ... and thanks for all the orders!  Smiley

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Kantaxel

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 08:12 PM »

Just pulled out a set of LPG 90's to compare side by side ... I stand by my earlier comments.  Same apparent braid, same diameter.  Only difference I could see was the color.  So ... for the last time ... if you like LPG you will like this line ... if not, proceed at your own risk.

Oh ... and thanks for all the orders!  Smiley

See?  I knew it would work..............you are Billy May's  Huh  heir apparent  Wink

DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 07:32 AM »

my pusher hooked me on shanti and now wants me to change? Cry

Sine Metu!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change