GWTW Forum
June 20, 2018, 08:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enigma kite build thread  (Read 89049 times)
stapp59
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2016, 06:39 PM »

I would like to talk to you about the 9 and 10 foot models at some time. After all, there is that gradient material you have left over. Your UL Enigma is sweet.

Want to spend a bit more time with the two bigger kites though they are flying well.  Have one more framing change I want to try.

You know where I stand, and I just (successfully) tested out an alternate method of shipping to me  Wink

The 6’ and 7’ kites are pretty much dialed in now.  As much as I like them, I still prefer the larger 8’ kite the best for everyday flying. The vented 7’ will take quite a bit of wind and fly fine.  All sport kites though are hard to trick in bigger winds as it takes a lot of movement to dump the wind and keep the kite floating through the trick. Freestyle is best in lower winds with the sail just powered up.  Fly your Revs in the big winds. We can talk more…

I like the whole series. A full suite is such a good idea when you find that "one" you like.

If I had to single one out, it would be the vented light kite.

Interesting your interest in the vented UL.

If I could only take two kites on a trip, it would be a UL and a HV for the broadest wind range.

If limited to one kite only, I’d be highly tempted to take the vented UL and an extra set of 5PT spreaders.  With the vents open and the heavier spreader, the kite will fly well into Std winds though tricks will be harder with reduced mass.

+1 on all the rightfully aforementioned accolades and support statements. If I were to suggest anything it would be a stop motion, or fast play video of you making a kite, A to Z, much like Sugarbaker's highly valuable video. I'm sure others like me would greatly appreciate benefiting from watching your process, in streamlined way a filmed documentation, as it were, can offer. But again, this thread is a tremendous help on its own.

Now that would be a challenge for me.  Maybe more work than building the kite?  I do have a video camera…
stapp59
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2016, 12:54 PM »

This is the final kite for the Enigma project and likely my last build for a while. 

whaha, i don't believe that Smiley

OK perhaps a couple projects yet to round out the collection.  Smiley

I normally make up stacks on a whim at the field using the various singles in the car.  The progressive stack flies so well I made up a couple dedicated stacks to save setup and takedown time.  Here is a 6', 7', and 8' Enigma stack in RWB.  There is a UL version framed in P100/3PTs and a HV version framed in P2X/5PT/Nitros.  These are serious fun.

Pages: 1 ... 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom