GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 10:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, If You Beat A Dead Horse Long Enough  (Read 3062 times)
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 06:58 PM »

One always needs a supply of excuses on hand that the wife will accept for kiting instead of yard working. The excuses need to be real convincing or real lame.

If lame enough, after the laughter dies, she shakes her head in disbelief and she points towards the car. Do not hesitate ... do not say another word ... go immediately before she changes her mind.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 09:36 PM »

John,

Try using the WM standard for Taz practice instead of the UL. It is true with some UL the Taz works well but in this case the standard is a superior Taz Machine machine.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Beaufort
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 11:41 PM »

i'm also very lucky and grateful to have a nirvana which belonged to, and was therefor tuned by randyg. thanks randy. Kiss

apparently i'm the proud owner of the only nirvana mr chilese likes. Cool

speaking of kites which give tricks away though, what are the tricks and kites which you feel are giveaways?

me for the giveaways are:

nirvana - jacobs ladder
deep space - double axle
quantum pro - comete
shadow - multi slot machine

Hello Darren,

I agree, RandyG's settings and advice helps a long way!

I know it is not listed as a give away, but have you ever done a Taz Machine on the Qpro std.?  I have been chasing it for a long time, and once it was there but now it is completely gone again (high wind, low wind whatever). On UL or SUL versions it is doable, but the standard is a mystery right now Embarrassed

Any input at all is very much appreciated - thanks!  Wink
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 12:55 PM »

One always needs a supply of excuses on hand that the wife will accept for kiting instead of yard working. The excuses need to be real convincing or real lame.

If lame enough, after the laughter dies, she shakes her head in disbelief and she points towards the car. Do not hesitate ... do not say another word ... go immediately before she changes her mind.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 02:33 PM »

i'm sorry Beaufort but i don't really have any help for you. the only qpro i fly is the vented one, and haven't had the winds for it lately. if i get a chance to fly the other versions (i know some locals have them), i'll be sure and let you know if i discover anything helpful.

Fdeli
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 05:38 PM »

You could try out my Fractal QPro if you want Darrin.  It has been a while since it has seen daylight anyways, need to get it back in the air and see if it still works.

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 06:28 PM »

that's one of the things i love about you guys, you let me fly your kites. Cheesy  Kiss

Fdeli
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 06:45 PM »

We're just hoping you'll train them.  Sad

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Beaufort
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 04:38 AM »

i'm sorry Beaufort but i don't really have any help for you. the only qpro i fly is the vented one, and haven't had the winds for it lately. if i get a chance to fly the other versions (i know some locals have them), i'll be sure and let you know if i discover anything helpful.

Thanks for getting back to me - maybe a summer vacation will make it happen?  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document