GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 10:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bell's new kite Aerobe (designed by Albert Chen)  (Read 19499 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 01:06 PM »

Saw that and the offer in Taiwan ... so that is where my $100 estimate came from.  Must say I am pleasantly surprised with the pricing.

Got a bit more info posted HERE.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 03:22 PM »

I can already say "I'm going to hate to wait till the end of August"

"Do what you like"
bell
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 04:44 PM »

Some photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingbox/sets/72157620813836580/show/

Smiley

Bell Chiu
bell

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 06:09 AM »

Sweet home video from TAIWAN
Dennis's family time

Aerobe kids

Smiley

Bell Chiu
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 08:54 AM »

Is the music a remake of "Flying Purple People Eater"?

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 07:04 PM »

Just so we round out the colors.............Pm sent on a blue one, Steve Wink

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 10:01 AM »

Aerobe in green island

Aerobe in green island

Smiley

watching this video again  (Aerobe in Green island Bell posted it on the first page of this thread) and i amazed at HOW STABLE the thing is on the back of the boat whipping along.......astonishing...cannot wait to get mine to play with!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Sonnenwind
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 12:55 AM »

Did you realize that most of the videos are slow motion? Especially the indoor video gives wrong impressions IMHO.

I ask myself if the Aerobe has the same indoor / low wind performance as a Skate from Focus Kites or the Horvath designs (Zero 1.1; Urban Ninja, Hybrid).

Malte
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 03:44 AM »

yes...same genre of kites....but the Aerobe is able to take more winds outdoors than those other kites (see the above video).....
it will not glide as well as a skate....or look as impressive as a 61/49....or ____________ like a Urban ninja (fill in your blank since i have not flown one)......or be as durable as a Bird'x......but...at this price it is a good kite with lots of abilities.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Cerfs-volantstylistes
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 09:24 AM »

Nice kite. I like the shape.

For those who bought one, did you got to fly it indoor ?
normofthenorth
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 11:25 AM »

I think the boat in the Green Island video is flying along in the same direction as the wind. There's more (tail-)wind up a bit where the kite is flying than down at deck level, where the flag is whipping pretty hard.

If the actual wind were calm and the kite flying behind a boat going that fast, the tail would be virtually horizontal, and the kite would be flying higher, almost horizontal.

(That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!)

Norm in Toronto
farfennoogen

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 07:55 PM »

I got mine to fly indoors and took it out with the winds up fly's like a champ ...

I'm really impressed and might end up ordering another one in a different color  Cool
Kantaxel

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 02:09 AM »

We got ours yesterday and gotta admit it's a pretty thing................it's a little bigger than we imagined and I bridle flew it around the living room a bit.............Raining outside, ya had to figure THAT!!

You can see how floaty it is when it gets horizontal to the deck.........gonna be a fun little toy, for sure. Wink

im

steve.hobart
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 02:32 AM »

these are a great kite. Very versatile and they fly really well. Also pretty good quality.

I have to buy another as my 5 year old doesn't get much of a turn of his kite (dad always has it!!)

Really worth purchasing !

cheers

steve
Kantaxel

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 05:20 PM »

I got mine to fly indoors and took it out with the winds up fly's like a champ ...

I'm really impressed and might end up ordering another one in a different color  Cool

Your thoughts on tuning with the prussic knot on the bridle?  Just got a chance to fly it in 0 wind with the prussic attached just the way it came. (about three inches up from the attach point)......It was different but really floaty on about 12 ft of line, and wondering if you or anyone has an opinion.

thanks,
Jim

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change