Ok, I have re-framed this baby - pulled apart my old (300 hrs plus) E2 to use parts of the frame and APA connectors.
New NFX frame as follows:
lower spreaders = 5PT
LE's P200 (LLE = directly out of the E2, ULE = P200 cut to length) - ferruled so I can break it down for travel more easily than the single length original structil LE's.
Spine = original 6 mm structil
Upper spreader = original structil 6mm
weights: 1 x BMK with o-ring held just below the centre T and 1 x BMK at the tail.
Bridle UO now 50.5 cm. Other lengths the same (except adjusted up to be even).
Tested today in 4-6 mph smooth winds (actually superb winds - so good that even my zephyr would have flown well today!
The kite is flying very nicely indeed. Feels very very close to my other Nirvana. I find the stiffer frame a better option for me, better connection with the kite and less spongy - also handles the gusts well.
(The E2 rods have never flown so well!!!!)
Very easy to trick as per all Nirvana's, especially backspins, JL cascades, comete's, inverses, Taz's yo fades and generally all pitch tricks with very little effort.
I'm a very happy man. It's the first time that I have re-framed a kite and played with a bridle and I feel that I have got something very close to a Nirvana (at least for a 2m kite) for the price of a SF.
thanks for all your help.