GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 07:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Fest - Spanish Fork, UT 8/28/09 and 8/29/09  (Read 1101 times)
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: July 28, 2009, 04:36 PM »

Main day is 8/29/09 all day but there will be a night fly starting at 4pm on 8/28/09.

http://www.spanishfork.org/newsevents/events/windfest/

"The Wind Fest & Energy Expo is celebrating it second year. Last year, over 20,000 people attended the festival and countless emails, letters, and phone messages have proclaimed it to be one of the best family activities of the summer. It is also the 2^nd Anniversary of the 1^st commercial grade Wind Farm in Utah (the nine turbines you can see at the mouth of Spanish Fork canyon). This Festival is all about bringing education together with wonderful entertainment (edutainment) to help families improve their living and playing skills with products that are both renewable and sustainable. Of course, we are all about Wind-powered devices and environmentally friendly businesses and products. It will be held on a mountainside plateau and reservoir near the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon. August 28th (4:00 to 10:00pm) & 29th (10:00am - 4:00pm). The plateau is the site of the Spanish Fork Gun Club, which is located in the heart of the Wasatch Mountains, overlooking the beautiful Utah Valley. This location offers a rare and stunning view over an expansive valley surrounded by snow capped mountains.

Entertainment & Events

Brought back by popular demand is the fabulous jet ski Kite Team: Kiteman Productions from Orlando, Florida. If you were unable to attend last year this is one spectacle you should try to see. They are amazing! Also, on the main flying field, Utah Kite Fliers will demonstrate expert flying with their multiple stunt kites both on Friday night under the lights and on Saturday (wind-permitting) all day; the most popular feature of the Wind Fest was the Childrens Kite Making Workshop which will be in full swing this year. Also, we will again feature the Kite Garden display called Aerial Art by local kite creator Scott Hampton. On Saturday at high noon, you can witness the Parade of Flight Small Aircraft fly-over to honor the 2^nd Anniversary of the Wind Turbines.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
MaxxFordham
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:44 PM »

Hi, T. Cope,

Unfortunately, I missed Sky Spectacular last year, but I made it to Windfest this year, and from what I'm reading and hearing, they were strikingly similar to each other.

But there's an edit that needs to be done to your posting there, and that's because this is NOT the second anniversary of the wind farm's completion; only the FIRST. It's only been ONE year since they finished installing those wind turbines, not two, hence only being the FIRST anniversary. I hope you'll want to edit that error from your posting there. (And if/when I see that, then of course I'll take this paragraph out of mine. :-) ....)

Yeah, Windfest was quite fun, and I hope there's a Sky Spectacular or Windfest there for the rest of my life!

Mike C.
tcope

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:50 PM »

That was a copy and paste from Spanish Forks own website. I went back and looked at it and it looks like they corrected their mistake.

Wind Fest was good.... but more Fest then Wind.  Smiley

I still managed to keep a stunt kite in the air most of the day. Had a father and son practice on a Beetle for a little while in the morning while the winds were a little stronger.

Problem with the area is the funky wind. It was like that last year. It swirls a bit around the mountain. But in all, it's not a bad spot.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
MaxxFordham
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:56 PM »

Yeah, too bad they didn't have more wind than that this year. I didn't get to see the big inflatable balloons like they had last year at Sky Spectacular.

Okay, so now that you've been notified of the error in S.F.'s article that they fixed on their site, will you edit your copy to reflect that fix?
tcope

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:08 PM »

Marc, is there some pressing need for me to edit my post? I think you pointing out the error in the anniversary date will suffice. I doubt anyone is going to loose any sleep over the matter.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document