GWTW Forum
May 24, 2019, 12:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky Nirvana NSE or 3E?  (Read 13220 times)
JWilson
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: January 31, 2016, 07:05 AM »

Does anyone have any experience, thoughts or opinions between the 2 models of Nirvana? The NSE vs 3E
Any standout improvements on the 3Es? I'm ready to buy but am looking at the substantial cost difference between the two.
I've actually test flown both and at my skill level I did not "feel" any real difference.

Thanks

Jack
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:51 AM »

Hey Jack,

If you are planning to learn tricks, you will probably want to go with the N3E as it has a deeper turtle. I went with the N3E and like it. The N3E is only about $21 more than the NSE on the Rsky site, and would be worth it when it comes to resale value if you ever want to get rid of it. (Be sure you select "skyshark" as an option when looking on rsky's website "voile seule" I believe means sail only.
JWilson

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 03:21 PM »

Thanks for the advice Stu! I actually did miss the fact that the NSEs are listed as "sail only"  3E it is!
How was the shipping and delivery time?
I was actually going to shoot you an email today but I got sidetracked.
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 04:13 PM »

The shipping was about 35 euros which is a bit expensive. It took just over 20 days from the time I ordered it to the time usps delivered it to my house. You may want to contact Rsky on facebook to ask about about the build time, Roger is good about responding back.

Just remember that you don't have to pay the VAT since you are from the US. Also, I think KHK might have a few in stock. Might want to call them and see what price they have and if they have any discounts. Just a thought.
Tim P.
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 05:59 PM »

Last time I was in Kitty Hawk Kites they did have several in stock. Various ones, light weight, heavy weight, standards, various colors. I'm thinking they were in the $400 range.
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 01:39 AM »

I am selling an NSE standard and an NSE lw which are in great condition in the swap meet. Could do a deal for both. For my money these are the best kites that R Sky have made. I still have a couple in the bag.

R sky's usually aren't fitted with leech lines and they make a noise but mine have been Cool
Elvis
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 04:43 PM »

Hi to all who has some experience with the Nirvana, NSE or N3E !

I know this is getting an old topic with only a few answers...

But I'm curious to know if anyone else have some toughts about the NSE or N3E.

I'm planning on getting a N3E (std)...
I've tried it twice for only a few minutes and liked it....
but I didn't manage to get many reviews about it.

Thanks for your opinions!
Frazer
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:49 PM »

Don't get the Nitro version - its too stout and sluggish - the regular Skyshark version is the one you want.

-Frazer
Elvis
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 09:07 AM »

Yeah, I didn't found any kind of reviews comparing the SkyShark VS Full Nitro version...
All I heard was that the Nitro should be a little stiffer.
Anyways, I'm interested in the regular skyshark version.
randyg
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 10:44 AM »

I never got on with the NSE. Not like I did with the original Nirvana. But I was pulling away from kiting at the point I bought the NSE and didn't really look very hard into modifying the bridle. And because it was never as popular as the original Nirvana, there was never much info on bridle variations.

I cannot properly review the N3E for you but will give you a word of caution. Though I purchased both N3E's used, both had bridles out of whack. The LW I purchased was so far off I just tied up a new one. I am pretty sure these bridles came from France that way so be sure to have measurements handy when you receive the kite. Or ask the seller to verify the bridle has been tied correctly.

Now that both of mine have proper bridles I'll get to see how well they fly and trick. Wink

harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 01:22 PM »

I never got on with the NSE. Not like I did with the original Nirvana. But I was pulling away from kiting at the point I bought the NSE and didn't really look very hard into modifying the bridle. And because it was never as popular as the original Nirvana, there was never much info on bridle variations.

I cannot properly review the N3E for you but will give you a word of caution. Though I purchased both N3E's used, both had bridles out of whack. The LW I purchased was so far off I just tied up a new one. I am pretty sure these bridles came from France that way so be sure to have measurements handy when you receive the kite. Or ask the seller to verify the bridle has been tied correctly.

Now that both of mine have proper bridles I'll get to see how well they fly and trick. Wink

Maybe you didn't get on with the other two because their bridles were off too  Wink

What are your favourite kites then?
randyg
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 01:42 PM »

"Got on" meant it never really measured up to the original, IMO. The bridle was set correctly, fwiw. Anyway, I pretty much mind-melded with the original Nirvana from the get go.

Gram for gram, trick for trick, the original Nirvana series are my favorite kites ever. I don't fly much these days but want to really give the N3E's a go and see what all the fuss is about. Deeper turtles and all. Wink

PaoloM

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 12:20 PM »

Reviving the topic since Iím really interested.
I received a Nirvana WW, while I thought I ordered a Nirvana 3 WW. My mistake.
What were and are the main differences between series, beside colors obviously? I got the SkyShark version.

The kite looks great, missing some details. No stopper in the center T or the spreaders. The yo-yo stoppers completely loose and free to spin around, I fixed them in place with zip ties. Bridle seems very heavy for a SUL.

So what got better or worse in 3 versions of the Nirvana (WW in my case)

Thanks!

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana STD/SUL, Fulcrum STD/UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: