GWTW Forum
December 18, 2014, 08:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 years ago this month  (Read 1313 times)
Dano
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: September 01, 2009, 02:34 PM »

It's been 3 years since my first trip to Florence, OR where i picked up my first kite.

We went back this last week, but this time i had my new armorment of kites with me ready for any type of wind i would meet. A few days flying vented, a few days of UL's and a few days of sweet directional steady standard wind.

I had the wife shoot lots of video and i was surprised when reviewing it, that I actually fly much better than i thought i could. :>)

I always remembered someone posting on the old forum about staking out his fade and going to to get a cold drink. Heck, I can't even get a fade to hold on my lines for more than 2-3 seconds here at home. Well flying in this great wind that i dont get to experience very often i'm locking in these fades for 1-2 minutes. I start yelling at my wife to grab the camera but she cant hear me. Angry

Soo, all i could do was stake that puppy out and get the camera myself if i ever wanted to have a picture to remember..

And i even had time to take a cool drink Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 02:40 PM »

Very cool Dano!
Congrats on your anniversay...tip one back for me.

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:39 PM »

haha that's great! we always enjoy your visits to vegas, it's good to know you enjoy your visits elsewhere. Tongue

never flown in the fog like in your picture but would seem a fun and rare experience.

Fdeli
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 05:12 PM »

Now who's the "Arrogant Bastard"?  Cool
Pardon my french.

Say Good Night Dick
Jimmer

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 05:26 PM »

Dano,
Congrats on the anniversary.   
I just started flying in June, and lovin it!   I have the same issue with the fade ...I can get maybe 3 to 5 seconds tops.
What kite were you flying in the picture you posted?  great shot
Jim
Dano

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 06:07 PM »

Now who's the "Arrogant Bastard"?  Cool
Pardon my french.

Cheesy Cheesy
Good one Geo :>)

Thanks Guys!
Jimmer - The kite is a Tattoo Zero, wind was probably about 4 mph
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 07:42 PM »

Nicely done buddy.

Say Good Night Dick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum