GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 08:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help picking out a UL kite from this list  (Read 5853 times)
brokenvisage
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 10:22 AM »

Congrats!!! Grin  Isn't it nice to be able to talk to the man who will be making your kite. Enjoy!

Chris

Absolutely, like I said he didn't have push hard to sell me but if I was on the borderline he would've made my choice a no-brainer. Totally professional and it's great to know he'll stand by his work.
brokenvisage
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 10:37 AM »

Sounds like Ken listened to your hope for a speedy kite with a pretty wide wind range, the light isn't that kite. You would've only gained a small increase in it's lowest range at the loss of a wide range and responsiveness.

In view of your original request for an ultralite I hope we haven't talked you in the wrong direction but a standard Muse is going to feel like an ultralite after the Quantum, believe me. A true ultralite kite is a purpose built machine with narrow uses. Learn to fly your Muse as low as it will go, you've doubled or tripled your available flying time over the Quantum, and the skills gained will help widen the range of the Quantum in the future. After you can fly that Muse in 3 mph & under you'll be in a better position to truely appreciate a SUL if you find you still need one.

That's kind of what I gleaned just from hearing you guys talk about what a UL is good for, so I'm not surprised he recommended the standard over the light. And in terms of what I was looking for I think you guys actually straightened me out as opposed to talking me in the wrong direction. All things considered this is probably the perfect kite for what I wanted and I didn't have to completely break the bank to get it. As you said this should be a great kite for broadening my flying time as well as helping me learn tricks which in turn I can use on my Quantum. Will let you guys know how it goes when I get back from (or perhaps during) my vacation with results/thoughts/pictures on it. Smiley
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 10:54 AM »

are we still considering the original intention of this post

As Patrick Simmons put it: "Tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you need" and this is particularly true when newer fliers are looking for a "low wind" kite.

Based on broken's description of what he wanted, in my opinion, the kites he was considering would not have been appropriate.  Once he raised the budget to $190 I thought he should take a look at the Muse.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum