GWTW Forum
September 20, 2017, 06:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Revolution Website  (Read 3876 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: June 04, 2016, 10:25 AM »

Anyone seen this?

Selling direct too.

Hmmmm.

Time marches on.  Huh

riffclown
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 04:58 PM »

Noticed it happened yesterday sometime between 6am EST and 9am EST.. Their forums are gone as well.  I'll reserve judgement for now but my first impression is not a good one.

Competing with their own retailers is not cool.
riffclown

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:29 PM »

I just found out the original site is still available at http://www.revkites.net

Their forums are also still around..http://www.revkites.net/forum/
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:43 PM »

Competing with their own retailers is not cool.

This is not new and not really competing.  Buying from the manufacturer is generally more expensive with the trade off being higher likelihood of stock.   

Several other manufacturers that follow this model.... Prism, Flexifoil, Zebra Kites, MBS Boards and when they were in business Ground Industries.

ATB,
Sam
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 07:56 PM »

There is a "FORUM" button on the new Home page.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
riffclown

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:17 PM »

I'm very happy to hear and see that.. confirmed..
portlandflyer
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 05:30 PM »

Glad to see their forum back - way too much info on there to see lost in cyberspace.

On the other hand over direct sales: a bit torn. Long developed relationships are being strained by seemingly bypassing the stores. They have almost always had some direct sales, think masterpieces for instance, but a full fledged site store?? Why even have shops carry your line if you sell yourself? But is this a sign of the future?
riffclown

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 05:42 PM »

Just noticed the Forums are gone again..
riffclown

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 06:29 AM »

It's been up and down a lot over the last 12 hours.. If there's something there you want to keep for your own reference.. You might want to capture it quickly.. I've been grabbing topics I may want in the future.. Especially from the Tweaks & Mods and Stacking sections..
portlandflyer
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 11:29 AM »

David Hathaway has taken over as the admin of the Rev forum. It's all available for use now by regulars and any newcomers, He does plan to update it soon - exactly when?? Might be spotty for a bit as he updates it!

A lot of things are still missing on the sales page.

Not sure if Rev will continue to sell the "B" platform under a new label or what.

Haven't heard anything on rumors that they will have some sort of replacement for the "Pro" line. ( I asked on their forum - "crickets"!! ).

http://www.revkites.net/forum/
riffclown

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 01:42 PM »

They seem to be staging the Reflex 1.5 as their replacement to the B-Series.. It's a 1.5 sized version of the Reflex currently available..

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 05:09 AM »

Why does the passing of time always mean that things get worse rather than better? Music isn't driven by the radio anymore. Audiophiles and killer stereo equipment are a thing of the past. Technology is isolating us from one another. And what's happened to all the people who made the great kites we've grown to love? And now Revolution??  I have a set of Rev 1s, a Supersonic, a B series mid vent and vented. When the wind is too high for the duals and can't fly, I really enjoy the Revs. I'm more of a dualie than a quad guy but I've always thought that Revolution OWNED the quad side of kites. They were the gold standard for quads.  I know that the economics of the business is tough but it's so sad to see things change like that.

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom