GWTW Forum
November 18, 2017, 12:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What has happened with Rev?  (Read 7211 times)
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 07:16 PM »

Interesting.....

I'll be doing quite a bit of research on all these "alternatives".

I'm pretty happy with my B Series set and Super Sonic. I have a few 1.5 for people I run into that want to try flying one. Somehow I ended up with zero 1.5 LE'S which concerns me a bit just due to the inevitable learning curve crashes that occur trying to teach newbies.

Not sure Rev even still offers the 1.5 LE set. Hmmm.....might have to give Lolly a call.

Unless of course somebody here has a set laying around or in their garden for tomatoe growing.  Grin Cheesy Tongue
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:50 AM by socalman320 » Logged
riffclown
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 07:23 PM »

Still pretty fond of my B-series and Shook Masterpiece Meshes as well..  I also use the SLE for teaching the public..

Pretty happy with all my kite choices at the moment. Have several Revs and a few others including several home made kites for specific wind conditions.. I had a Reflex for a while but ended up selling it.. It's a very nice kite but the float didn't click with me since i like catching and throwing the kites far too much to give that up..

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:27 PM by riffclown » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 09:34 PM »

Interesting.....

I'm pretty happy with my B Series set and Super Sonic. I have a few 1.5 for people I run into that want to try flying one. Somehow I ended up with zero 1.5 LE'S which concerns me a bit just due to the inevitable learning curve crashes that occur trying to teach newbies.

Not sure Rev even still offers the 1.5 LE set. Hmmm.....might have to give Lolly a call.

Unless of course somebody here has a set laying around or in there garden for tomatoe growing.  Grin Cheesy Tongue
  I know Kent still has some SLE rod sets.  Honestly though, a 3 wrap frame holds up just as well and I find easier to teach on because the kite isn't so twitchy like it is with the SLE.  My favorite rev by far though is my vented supersonic.
socalman320

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 09:41 PM »

Interesting.....

Unless of course somebody here has a set laying around or in there garden for tomatoe growing.  Grin Cheesy Tongue
  I know Kent still has some SLE rod sets.  Honestly though, a 3 wrap frame holds up just as well and I find easier to teach on because the kite isn't so twitchy like it is with the SLE.  My favorite rev by far though is my vented supersonic.

Hadn't thought about the 3wrap. I'll have to look at my sets of spars to see if any are 3wrap.
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 04:32 PM »

Yea, you can teach on the 1/4 inch rods just fine, I have been doing it for years.  We do have the larger SLE rods in stock though if you need them.  When the wind is cranking I will usually throw the SLE in a Vented for lessons just to be on the safe side.  For moderate or light winds I just teach on the 3 wrap or Race....whatever I happen to be flying on.  I think I have only had one rod break in 4-5 years of teaching newbies.

socalman320

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 04:46 PM »

If memory serves me the b-series came with two sets of spars? Second set was 3 wrap?
skb
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 05:46 PM »

Initially, the B-series came with sets of 2 wrap & 3 wrap spars and a pair of weights that just about everybody lost.  Roll Eyes

Sent from my '11 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.13
socalman320

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 05:55 PM »

Initially, the B-series came with sets of 2 wrap & 3 wrap spars and a pair of weights that just about everybody lost.  Roll Eyes

I thought so!! It came with weights?? Huh Kidding. I actually found 2 Revs. I COMPLETELY forgot about!! One is a B-series with weight set AND a 1.5M. BOTH are still sealed. LOL!!

Sigh....I need to get out more Tongue Grin Huh
dayhiker
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 06:36 PM »

Strange Days indeed.....

I note that the Rev forum site currently warns against asking others for specifications on some Revolution designed kites.  If the following is out of line or insensitive on my part please disregard.  But I would like to have my kites completely up to original spec even if I don't actually use the parts.  I do not believe that these parts are currently available in retail.  These parts would be entirely for my use only & it would be very unlikely they would ever be sold.

Since the B series is a thing of the past I would like to ask if anyone could give a description of the weights.  Material & dimensions or even just how many grams would be helpful.  Plus I would like to know how they were deployed.  I have three B 1.5's, all purchased retail in sealed packages, none of which contained the legendary weights.  Additionally none of my four B2 kites came with any extra goodies but they were all purchased on the secondary market.  I can't imagine any B2 was ever supplied with weights but I have Know Eye Deer.   SHBKF
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:39 PM by dayhiker » Logged

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
socalman320

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 06:49 PM »

Strange Days indeed.....

I note that the Rev forum site currently warns against asking others for specifications on some Revolution designed kites.  If the following is out of line or insensitive on my part please disregard.  But I would like to have my kites completely up to original spec even if I don't actually use the parts.  I do not believe that these parts are currently available in retail.  These parts would be entirely for my use only & it would be very unlikely they would ever be sold.

Since the B series is a thing of the past I would like to ask if anyone could give a description of the weights.  Material & dimensions or even just how many grams would be helpful.  Plus I would like to know how they were deployed.  I have three B 1.5's, all purchased retail in sealed packages, none of which contained the legendary weights.  Additionally none of my four B2 kites came with any extra goodies but they were all purchased on the secondary market.  I can't imagine any B2 was ever supplied with weights but I have Know Eye Deer.   SHBKF

It sounds like the B2's you received are knock offs so my best suggestion would be to sell them to me and I'll see what I can do. Tongue Cheesy Huh Wink Cheesy
dayhiker
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 07:12 PM »

I was hoarding Revs for some time before recent developments.  None have escaped from the Kite Dungeon yet.  SHBKF

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
socalman320

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 07:22 PM »

I was hoarding Revs for some time before recent developments.  None have escaped from the Kite Dungeon yet.  SHBKF

Well, pm me when you decide to show mercy to them things Grin Cool
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 04:37 AM »

take all his gained team flying experience & kite building knowledge then turn him loose all by himself to craft a kite just for you,... Yes Bazzer (and Eliot Shook) are still making masterpiece quad-lined kites.

I have one of Bazzer's Ash models, Sweet ride for sure!
socalman320

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 06:43 AM »

take all his gained team flying experience & kite building knowledge then turn him loose all by himself to craft a kite just for you,... Yes Bazzer (and Eliot Shook) are still making masterpiece quad-lined kites.

I have one of Bazzer's Ash models, Sweet ride for sure!

Ash??  Don't be shy, share a pic!! Cool
makatakam
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 12:31 PM »

Strange Days indeed.....

It sounds like the B2's you received are knock offs so my best suggestion would be to sell them to me and I'll see what I can do. Tongue Cheesy Huh Wink Cheesy

I use a 3/16 ounce fishing split-shot stuffed into the bottom of each upright inside some wadded up material like paper towel or cloth to keep it from moving. You will not believe the glide! You can recover two to three times the distance you could without it. I use 3/16 because it fits nicely, but if you know how to use a pocketknife, you can shape a 1/4 ounce to fit, or whatever weight you want to play with. If you get the balance just right, you can achieve a better than 20:1 glide ratio.

MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom