GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Moon Kite Clarification  (Read 5347 times)
kmac
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 06:06 PM »

...Ken has made well over 5000 kites personally...

Not completely accurate.  My personal number is somewhere north of 2000 kites over the last 18 years.  The balance was made by my staff of talented craftsmen that worked for me between '95 and '97. Cool

Ken@BMK
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24 PM »

At least I am famous for something.
I think the word is "infamous".

Wink

ROTFLMAO!!  Cheesy  Cheesy

If I didn't already have mine, I just might be thoroughly PO'd.  Wink  Cheesy

I think Kent summed it up for me, too.

I too am a proud owner of a Blue Moon Kite(s).  My Ichaban is absolutely beautiful and my Moonie Exile is just awesome.  When I want to brag, those are the kites that come out of the bag. Smiley  Just wish my flying skills were as good as the kites. lol

Bob
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 07:36 PM »

Thanks for the clarification Ken.  Huh

What's 2/5ths of utmost respect anyway?  Wink

The world's only known 3d photo of a Ken McNeill kite. This is the cross your eyes 3d, not the uncross your eyes kind. It took a couple of hours to figure out how to make.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 08:19 PM »

Cool 3D picture!  Can you do this with most any kite picture?

6 kite tom
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 09:01 PM »

need help!! cannot seem to get my eyes uncrossed 

have fun kurt
kmac
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 08:51 AM »

Just wanted to say thank you to the folks that have said such kind things.  It's been my honor to part so many of you from your hard-earned cash over the last 18 years.  Wink  It's been an "interesting" ride.  Cool

Ken@BMK
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 09:08 AM »

Thank you. I started flying an Exile after I'd been flying for 2 weeks. That kite has had a profound impact on the way I view everything from the way a kite is built to the way one flies. It took more abuse than any beginners kite should. And did it without a single failure of any kind. You set a standard not many are able to equal.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
streamhawk

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 10:41 AM »

I'd rather part my hard earned to you Ken than elsewhere. World class quality kites at a fair price, now how can you beat that? Proud owner of a Exile slice standard and UL, great kites.

Bill
GEB
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 11:43 AM »

Kitemac,
Welcome to the world of Blue Moon kites. I have all the kites you listed here and I agree with what has been said about their excellent build quality, ruggedness and beautiful flight characteristics. Trying to classify any of Ken's kites as entry-level would be like saying you just purchased an entry level Ferrari. I learned to do tricks on the Exile, and while no kite is indestructible, this one comes pretty close. Any purchase from Ken is a good one and his customer service simply can't be beat.
Sherman Myers
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 04:01 PM »

The world's only known 3d photo of a Ken McNeill kite. This is the cross your eyes 3d, not the uncross your eyes kind. It took a couple of hours to figure out how to make.

Wasn't there another kiteflyer that was into 3D photography?   Cheesy Tongue Shocked Cheesy

How did you do it?

Sherman Myers
Westfield, NJ
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 04:42 PM »

Photoshop, 3 hours of my life, examination of other 3D stereocards at antique shops and several cups of coffee. I had another one, but can't find it. It was a close-up of a kite wing. The wing itself was the 3D part of the photo.

Having a simple background helps.

Look closely at objects in the background compared to the kite. You will see the background has been canted a different amount in each photo while the kite is in the identical location in both photos. I wouldn't want to do it again. There's probably software that does it all automatically now.

John Welden

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 05:08 PM »

The mamba is a mega fun kite. Everyone should own at least two.

JW
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 02:38 AM »

I was intrigued by the 3D photo, as I had only done this with landscapes. 

Google gave me this link, which also provides you with a link for free software to help you out.  I will try it out tonight, but it seems worth a look if any is interested.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 11:06 AM »

Good luck. Please post your results.

My 3D is done with a single photo. It's duplicated and then placed side-by side. After that, it's all Photoshop manipulation. The "cha-cha" method sounds a lot easier.  Smiley

mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 01:46 PM »

Well I lose all focus when I try to cross my eyes, will you please provide a View-Master ready disk?  Wink

For 3D work you could keep your eyes out on eBay for one of these View-Master Pesonal Stereo Camera's There's a dozen or so listed today, plus a wide variety of others to choose from that are less expensive.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document