GWTW Forum
October 20, 2017, 06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A return of VF?  (Read 3867 times)
VirtualFreestyle
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 02, 2016, 03:15 AM »

Hi all,

I've been thinking about ending the VF hiatus and re-launching the competition with Round 32.

I'm keen to hear if there's sufficient interest from prospective participants. "Prospective" to me means "genuinely try to enter", to the extent that there'll be a participant pool big enough to make running a round worthwhile, and in line with the sponsors' generosity.

So -- what say you, VF fans?  Smiley

Cheers,
A.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:17 AM by VirtualFreestyle » Logged
Kent38
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 07:28 AM »

It's a great idea! Other new flyers like me probably want to experience VF

Thanks Adrian

In my Bag: Mohawk XS Strong (custom), Superfly Std, Eco7 Std (custom), N3E Std (custom), SuperNova
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 09:14 AM »

Good luck to you sir.

My comete still sucks. I'll keep practicing though.  Smiley

eddiebgreen

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 01:02 PM »

I'd watch it.  Grin
Happyspoon

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 11:57 AM »

I'm still pretty terrible, but knowing there is a VF coming up would be just the kind of kick in the pants I"d need to come up with something Smiley Hope you go for it!
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 05:16 AM »

I'm happy to announce that VF Round 32 is now open!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:09 AM by VirtualFreestyle » Logged
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 07:31 PM »

Just over three weeks to go and we're still on just one submitted entry. Get 'em sorted people, let's make this round happen! Smiley
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 11:29 AM »

Just over three weeks to go and we're still on just one submitted entry. Get 'em sorted people, let's make this round happen! Smiley
Im working on one but no wind or ballistic winds and little time to fly here lately.  Besides Adrian, you know everyone waits till the last minute to try and get the best one they can Tongue
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 07:01 PM »

Besides Adrian, you know everyone waits till the last minute to try and get the best one they can Tongue

On that note, remember that you can submit as many entries as you like before the closing date, and I'll take the most recent one as your final submission. This way you can have an entry "in the can" (submitted) and then replace it with a better one if you have a good day out flying. Smiley
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 09:54 PM »

OH didn't notice that rule change.  I still need something in between 0 and stake my ass down so I don't blow away  Cheesy
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 03:28 AM »

One week to go until the VF32 closing date! The prize draw information has been updated at http://virtualfreestyle.com/current-round -- check it out, the Vital S is up for grabs whether you score first or last. There's a good chance to win something nice and help support the scene, so ask yourself -- how can you afford not to enter? Smiley
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 11:18 PM »

The entry submission date has come and gone, and we've got a bumper crop of 24 entrants this round -- excellent! Visit the news page for more information.

Entrants, please submit your score sheet via email (virtualfreestyle@gmail.com) by the 14th December.

Addendum: unfortunately I left Pascal du Pree's entry out of the set. I've added it to the Youtube playlist and scoresheet, and I'm uploading a new zip file of the videos now. Early birds, please make sure to get the revised score sheet with a row for Pascal, and also watch his entry on the updated Youtube playlist.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:13 AM by VirtualFreestyle » Logged
Otherone

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 07:53 AM »

Anyone know when the prize drawing for VF32 will happen?

Fly Em High!
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 05:05 PM »

The prize draw was completed last week and the action around that took place in VF's Facebook group. The results are:

• Alex Belov wins the VF Mug.
  • Michael Landowski wins the Lumokites Odyssia straps.
  • Chris Tuttle wins the Lumoskites T-shirt.
  • Florian Gruber wins the Sportkitedesign straps.
  • Antonio Contratista wins the major prize, a Lumokites Vital S.

The website will be updated shortly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom