GWTW Forum
May 22, 2017, 10:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look what I Fulcrumed on you tube  (Read 3262 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: January 05, 2017, 09:20 AM »

Found this on You Tube...  Kiss

Jon T flying a purple Folcrum and a yellow Folcrum and Brett Flying a bright Red Folcrum ... any names for some of the tricks ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ox0w-APoI
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:38 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag: Widow Maker std. Ul, Solus std.,Ocius ul, Ocius sul,Pro Dancer,Inak,TNT,(new) Reloaded.
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:21 AM »

Loving the trick at 1min 5 seconds  Smiley
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:29 AM »

looks like it is a very precise flyer........i had wondered if that was just the fact that Carl is so good (in his preview videos)

I knew it was not a flat kite...and sort of like an airbow as well...but wow...bendy carbon!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:35 AM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DD
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 11:47 AM »

axels spins and a fade? Huh

Sine Metu!
Frazer
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 01:48 PM »

A new Quad is a cool I guess ... but *why* anybody would want to fly one rather than a dual line is just beyond me Roll Eyes

while ( 1 ) {
  spin();
  stall();
  land();
  yawn();
}

-Frazer
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:39 PM by Frazer » Logged
RobB
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 05:37 PM »

A new Quad is a cool I guess ... but anybody would want to fly one rather than a dual line is just beyond me Roll Eyes

-Frazer

That was my take on Quads when I first tried them. I got pulled back into flying quads when I got tired of flying Duallies in winds over 15mph. I still prefer 2 lines to 4, but once the winds go double digits, I go for the quad. There's a lot more to it than I initially recognized & appreciated. The precision & control is addictive.

KaoS
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:47 PM »

...i had wondered if that was just the fact that Carl is so good (in his preview videos)

Well that video just confirms what we already knew.  Carl can make a kite do stuff that no-one else can  Cry

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
dragonfish
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 09:21 PM »

Whoa, a quad that can also do stuff like dualie tricks.  That's got my attention now. 

moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 05:33 PM »

Will it side slide?

Say Good Night Dick
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 04:43 AM »

I'm with Rob. I get out the quads when it's blowing too strong to fly the duals. I fly my Revs a lot less than my duals but they're fun when the wind is up.

The video was impressive. Knowing what I can't do precision wise with the quads I can see that Jon and Brett are really skilled. The Fulcrum IS intriguing. Nice design, and interesting flying possibilities. I hope it does well. (I can't say enough good things about Jon T and Sky Burner.)

Bob D.
jon t
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 02:00 PM »

It is nice to see interest in the new Fulcrum. This is a new quad or should I say four line sport kite. It has been two years in the making and it is going to be available soon. I have always been a dual line guy, flown four lines on sport kites with Q flaps and played around with Revís. The Fulcrum is one of the most exciting kites I have ever flown by far. My first love in kiting is flying to music. Itís about freedom of expression and the Fulcrum has allowed me to do that like no other kite. This kiteís ability to fly backwards almost as fast as forward puts it in a new place for me. It seems like I am learning new tricks and just crazy stuff every time I go out with this kite. I have been flying sport kites going on 28 years and it is so nice to be flying something new that puts a smile on my face.  This has been a game changer for me. 
Look forward to several models for different wind ranges.
The Fulcrum was designed by Carl Robertshaw and developed in collaboration with Jon Trennepohl
JT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom