GWTW Forum
December 20, 2014, 03:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultra deep field...in 3D  (Read 1481 times)
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« on: August 14, 2009, 01:08 PM »

WOW!

"Do what you like"
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:51 PM »

yeah man, that's cool.   Cool

Fdeli
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:58 PM »

Thanks for the video. I worked in various space programs for about 20 year of my career. It is a humbling experience to realize just how small we are.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:12 AM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 06:20 PM »

These images are one of things that make me glad to be alive! The immensity of the universe is such a profound idea that it is hard to conceive. The ability of humans to
wonder what is out there is amazing.
 Very groovy
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 10:57 PM »

It does point out how small we and our knowledge truly are. In a heretofore confidently proclaimed "Empty area of space" we find 3,000 galaxies. And still in that clip it's stated quite confidently that there are "More then 100 billion galaxies", I guess the "More then" part CTA  Cheesy

Does that help explain where all the "Missing mass" is that physicists try to explain with funny names for theoretical matter. If every "Empty" area of space contains 3,000 - 10,000 Galaxies that's a lot of mass.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:30 PM »

And still in that clip it's stated quite confidently that there are "More then 100 billion galaxies", I guess the "More then" part CTA  Cheesy

And that more than 100 billion is based on what we can see with Hubble?  What about what we can't see?  My understanding, if you could call it that Undecided, is that the universe goes on ad infinitum............I just confused myself Tongue

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Beachbum
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 02:59 PM »

Last time I checked the amount of the observable universe we have seen is 1.8%

Then there is the stuff we will never see because of expansion.

Yoinks
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 06:52 PM »

Then there is the stuff we will never see because of expansion.

Yoinks

That can be said about feet and belts in some cases.

Ironically, going microscopically, it's been found there is more empty space than solid material in atoms - unless we need a reverse-Hubble to see what's there. The empty space in atoms was a comment in a recent Science Channel show, anyway.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
John Welden

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 07:23 AM »

It blows my mind that religious folk think we are the only ones in the entire universe.  How arrogant can they get?
TheherbPentagruel!

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 12:49 PM »

The thing that really blows my mind is the fact that without Mind or an Observer, the whole thing is utterly meaningless/unreal. WE give it meaning. no observer,no reality. Roll Eyes

....but then again 'am only a Kite flying puffer  Tongue

Oscar,Miami
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum