GWTW Forum
December 17, 2018, 10:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Premier Counter-Rotating Box Kite  (Read 13616 times)
gwreck
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 13, 2017, 01:21 PM »

Hello Everyone,
I've seen sketches of Premier's Counter-Rotating Box Kite, both on-line and in an old catalogue, but I have never seen one in person, or for sale.  Has anyone actually seen one?  Might you know where one might be had?
Thanks.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:43 PM »

Kite Party 2. 2004.

I don't know if this is the one you are asking about.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

This was just over 13 years ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/prNo2WENFsmbLwhZ9

Gamelord
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 04:41 PM »

I had one at one time.....have to check some bags to see if I still have it.  Very nice kite and flies very well.

thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 04:51 PM »

Seen one... Flown one..... Do not have one...

Takes clean wind and patience to get it off the ground, but very cool.

Not a lightweight kite either

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
gwreck

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 08:53 PM »

Thanks everyone for the info.
John, the picture is what I'm asking about.  I've only seen the sketch in a catalog or somewhere on-line.  The catalog shows the stars and stripes design, and I saw a sketch on-line in a rainbow design.  Thanks for posting that.
Gamelord and Theif, I'm jealous if you have had one and flown it.
Almost 10 years ago on one of my early visits to Seaside, OR, I saw someone flying a single rotating or spinbox kite.  I was so struck by it, I had to find one to buy, which I did.  It's fun to fly.  When I saw the Premier Counter-Rotating Box kite, it really caught my eye and interest.  I've been checking on-line and in the swap meet, but haven't seen one come up.  So I at least had to ask if it was every really produced, or just in Premier's catalog.  The wind at Seaside if frequently clean, and I think I have the patience to get it launched.
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 08:00 AM »

I always love the Wadsworth Spinner box kites, especially when two are flown on one line as a counter rotating pair. You could always make one………….

Plan here ……..http://www.kiteplans.org/planos/society/Wadsworth_Spinner.pdf

Video here….. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbS_7avzkSc

Dolittle
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 02:43 PM »

I think i found one for you on the LEDChristmasLighting site.  I know that sounds like a weird store to buy a kite from but i guess they need something to tied them over in spring and summer.  I buy my christmas light supplies from them and accidentally found out they sold kites--they feature a lot of premier kites.  Its listed under Box Kites.

If you google: counter rotating kite patriotic. I think it will come up.  Only $490.  Huh  It looks like they have a few other 'old stock' premier kites listed too.

When you fly it be sure to post a video.  Good luck.  J
thief
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:28 PM »

It is not a small kite..... By I seriously doubt their saying that they have 1000 undock.....

sanleonkid
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 07:06 AM »

I still have my eye on one of these

https://ledchristmaslighting.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=312_37_1067&products_id=37001&zenid=ef7dd4e8214569cebf7c1984c2b1f7e5
Dolittle

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 06:13 PM »

Yes, i noticed that pink and black excaliber kite too.  I have not seen it for sale elsewhere.
thief
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 06:25 PM »

Excalibur, originally designed (as far as I know) by German Hans Schepke of New Hampshire.... Awesome kite.... Another heavy weight kite. It flies at an odd angle..... But pretty cool

gwreck

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 11:57 AM »

Hello Again,
I finally got through to LEDChristmasLighting and asked about the kite.  They are out of stock, and the person told me they only had it in for a couple years.  And the 1000 units was a typo.  If you found another kite on their website you were interested in, I'd suggest calling them to see if they really have it in stock; it sounds to me like their website isn't necessarily up to date.
And Gamelord, if you have a chance to look and discover you still have one, would you be willing to part with it?
Thanks.
Dolittle

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 03:40 PM »

Oh, sorry to hear that they are out of stock.  Embarrassed

If you get your hands on one be sure to post a video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom