GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 10:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anniversary  (Read 2138 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« on: August 15, 2009, 10:22 PM »

Happy 40th Woodstock

[attachment deleted by admin]

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 06:10 AM »

oh yea.....wish I could have made it, glad I didn't Cheesy

"Do what you like"
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:30 AM »

Didn't go. Actually, didn't hear too much about it in general in Phoenix. I did enjoy the movie. Went out and bought a Ten Years After album because of that movie. That was a waste of money.  Embarrassed

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:06 AM »

"The New York state freeway is closed man"   Arlo Guthrie

Arlo Guthrie - Coming Into Los Angeles - Woodstock 1969

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 10:24 PM »

The history channel has a special about it on monday night at 8PM.  It looks like it will be a decent special.  See you there.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
streamhawk
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:52 AM »

The history channel has a special about it on monday night at 8PM.  It looks like it will be a decent special.  See you there.

Charly

is that the "Woodstock: Now & Then"? Saw that over the weekend on VH1 Classic, really good perspective, enjoyed what Carlos Santana was going through while playing,.....you'll hear. Good show, interesting to see the aging process of some folks, like Michael Shrieve, the then 19 year old fantastic drummer for Santana, and how that young man looks today.....true for alot of us now I'm thinking, heh.

Bill
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:25 AM by streamhawk » Logged
Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:02 PM »

Yes that is the show.  It just started here.

Charly Cool

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
rxburner
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 07:13 AM »

I can't remeber if I went or not!
Rx
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 03:28 PM »

I can't remeber if I went or not!
Rx

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Do what you like"
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 05:38 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on the H channel show... I caught some of it, really enjoyed the Sly & the Family Stone part. Sounds like one of the most memorable sets. I was only a year old then, so don't remember it directly, but was brought up immersed in the music & culture. I was just born a few years too late.
~Rob.

glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 06:58 AM »

"The New York state freeway is closed man"   Arlo Guthrie

Actually, the NYS Thruway wasn't closed. I was visiting my about-to-be-wife's family just a bit north of Woodstock that weekend. When we left, we were a bit later than we should have been to get to the event (nothing like a music festival!) we were headed to. A neighbor and friend of the family who was a NY State Trooper told us not to worry about speed traps, as every cop in the region was in or around Woodstock.  Indeed, it was clear sailing. When I continued south later that Sunday, there were definitely some interesting carloads on the Thruway.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum