GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 03:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 540 - Hit or Miss  (Read 4707 times)
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 01:14 PM »

Correction, I did "pop" a 540 at the end of that 130ish flat spin sequence.  I haven't watched that video for quite a while and forgot about the traditional 540 pop.  You can see both lines go all slack.  With limited altitude sometimes you've got to pop a quick spin to get it around in time. 
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 02:25 PM »

I think the main reason I fly the TrickTail UL is for the 540's and Pinwheels.
TrickTail UL doin' some 540's

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 03:17 PM »

John,
Thanks for your reply, you can never tell from the watching the videos the subtleties between different tricks. Unless you know what to look for. I never looked for slack in the lines, but I will now. I've gotten free-falling pinwheels before, but not much luck recovering them. I filmed myself working with low winds a few months ago. Low winds are rare where I fly, but once in a while I get to work with the Ozone...

Flying the Ozone

There's alot of walking downwind to gain ground.
Thanks again.
~Rob.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:31 PM by Must86 » Logged

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 03:28 PM »

Steve...
540s to tip stand looks great ! I have to try that... Also, a 540 viewed from below is an angle that says alot about the trick. 540s and axels do look great with the TT. I hope they really do start making those again.
~Rob.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:29 PM by Must86 » Logged

John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 03:32 PM »

Steve,  nice flying, looks great.  The TT is king of flat spins.

Rob, looks like you've got the light wind flying figure out.  A little more time and I'm sure you'll have multiple axes down. Those down wind glides are nice and slow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography