GWTW Forum
December 16, 2017, 06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back To The Old School: Flexifoil Stranger | IckyTV  (Read 1364 times)
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: June 14, 2017, 02:15 PM »

This episode of Back To The Old School covers Psycho's bigger and older brother is : the Flexifoil Stranger designed by Andy Preston. Flown at the Zandmotor beach in light and moderate wind. Thanks to Chris Wojtas for providing his pristine Stranger. No mods, except for the temporary clip-on yoyo stoppers and i removed the trickline for this session. Enjoy!

http://kareloh.com/ickytv_wp/wordpress/2017/06/14/back-to-the-old-school-flexifoil-stranger/

DD
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:40 PM »

excellent!

Sine Metu!
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 04:29 AM »

Nice, about time is the box of tricks next?  Cool
Kareloh

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 11:56 AM »

[lateresponse] It's on my list, if i can find one to borrow....[/lateresponse]

Hal
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 06:49 AM »

Masterful flying and a great video!

Hal
Helena, MT
midibot
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:24 AM »

This episode of Back To The Old School covers Psycho's bigger and older brother is : the Flexifoil Stranger designed by Andy Preston. Flown at the Zandmotor beach in light and moderate wind. Thanks to Chris Wojtas for providing his pristine Stranger. No mods, except for the temporary clip-on yoyo stoppers and i removed the trickline for this session. Enjoy!

Gave me inspiration to dig out mine, one of my very first real trick kites. Great video!

Be interested in how you did the 'temporary clip-on yoyo stoppers' referred to above.

Hope this pic works and complies with board guidelines:

Fly your pants off
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 04:41 AM »

Karel and I talked about this video on Facebook, and it got me wondering.

Karel and other stranger owners (sounds weird, haha!)- do you redo the tension system on your kites, so the rubber bands don't stretch too far? Seems to be quite a problem on mine, but have only flown it once.

As always dude, great flying!!!!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Kareloh

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 01:08 AM »

Nope i didn't change it. Just removed the trickline but that changes the shape of the kite quite a bit.
I hate the trickline...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom