GWTW Forum
October 23, 2017, 10:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION PLEASE!!! PLEASE READ AND HELP IF YOU CAN.  (Read 1962 times)
Charly
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: August 03, 2017, 06:52 PM »

Hello,
I have been approached by a director of 11 different children]s villages around the world for donations of sparless foil stunt kites for the kids in those orphanages. If you have a used foil stunt kite with lines and handles you would like to donate the address and other info. is listed below. PLEASE HELP.  I did run this past Steve and he gave me his blessings to post this here.

The name of the organization is “International Children’s Care” and their web site is WWW.Forhiskids.org located near Vancouver, WA.. The director’s name is Doug Congleton. The shipping address is 2711 N.E. 134th Way, Vancouver, WA. 98686. They are looking for foil stunt kites to share with the kids that have never even seen a stunt kite before. He will be leaving to Mexico the 28th of this month, and can take foil kites in his baggage. You can send them directly to Doug at the above address. They have 11 children's villages all together with 700 kids. You can contact Doug directly at Doug@forhiskids.org  if you wish. He is looking for donations of foil stunt kites for the kids. I am sending a couple myself. The children's village in Mexico has 42 kids in it, and they need more than the 2 kites I am sending them. PLEASE donate any foil stunters or lines you have to help this cause. Everything will be deeply appreciated.

Charly Whitaker
Kite Classifieds
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:15 PM by Charly » Logged

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
Charly

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:00 PM »

I heard from Doug, and they have had to postpone the planned trip on the 28th of this month until the 24th of next month.  To date not 1 kite has shown up to go to the kids.  REALLY not a single kite or any cash to buy them kites has shown up.  Doug does have a PayPal account if you don't have a good used foil stunt kite to donate to the kids.  Come on people can't we do better then this???  This group was checked out by Steve Hall BEFORE he gave me an okay to post it here.  These kids have never even seen a kite before.  There are 42 kids in the orphanage, and a single kite I sent Doug isn't enough.  PLEASE open up your kite bag or wallet and give these kids more kites.

PLEASE??? 

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 06:43 PM »

Money sent Charly. Thanks for the reminder.  Smiley

Charly

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 06:20 PM »

Thank you so much for your kind donation.  I just spoke to Doug the other day and he is now willing to except framed stunt kites and SLK's as well.  I send a box of about 20 mixed SLK's and framed stunters to him to take with him to Mexico.  I would like to ask everyone to PLEASE search through your kites and donate a kite or cash payable through PayPal so it will be possible to help the other 10 children's villages enjoy kites also. 

Sincerely
Charly

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom