About two years ago the bottom dropped out on this kite at our festival and it hit the ground and the glass spine and one spreader section exploded. It never flew well here anyway being so heavy and had to much frame extension past the sail so it caught on everything.
I had ordered the frame sections several months ago but never got around to framing it up, so yesterday I went ahead and got it done along with using shorter sparing for even more weight savings (11mm spine and 9mm spreaders). I will put pockets on it next time I have the machine setup so I can dump another few oz off by knocking another 2" off each section and getting rid of the Nochs. I might make an SLE spine for it later as well.
We had a bit of a light cool breeze so I went and tried it out. It flew in winds I would have never even bothered to take it out in before! and climbs much faster now and pulls like a truck!
It also gave me a chance to try out my new race rod frame for my standard B-series. I like it a lot, I had to fly on 50 foot lines but it flew really well, I might actually be able to get some quad time now!