GWTW Forum
November 18, 2017, 01:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Tapp  (Read 2245 times)
White Bird Lover
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 10:03 AM »

Sad
 Sad Sad, just logged in to add to this initial post when I see that Steve has passed...
I wanted to say, it seemed, somehow incomplete...
Not much more to say here, just an overwhelming sadness, such a fine gentleman! You will be missed Steve...
Rest In Peace...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:40 PM by White Bird Lover » Logged
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11 PM »

For those not on Facebook

Marieanne Trennepohl
2 hrs (ago)

We just found out that Steve Tapp passed away. We are heartbroken for his wife and children. Just so hard to believe. We will miss him terribly.

Sad

--Sam
Palmahnic
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 12:26 PM »

May his soul know the rest he so longed for in the past few months, may his family and friends find solace in the beautiful creations he brought to the world, may his memory be a blessing to us all.

Thank you kindly,
Iftah.
Krijn
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 02:19 PM »

Exactly two year ago I bought a kite from the United States, along with it came a Enigma from Steve Tapp. It was a V1 (version1), just to take it for some flights and send it further to others after testing.
I made this video with it:

https://vimeo.com/142000403

I also had some chats with Steve about the kite characteristics and the buildquality and choice of materials. Steve suggested that I should test the V3. I could pick some colors for it and he would build and sent it to me no charge.
I liked that idea and told Steve that I also wanted a SUL, in matching colors. I proposed to pay for the SUL.
Then Steve told me to also pick my colors for the UL and VTD: “you don’t have to pay me, just make a movie!”.

https://vimeo.com/156040581

Such a great guy! And now he is gone…
I will fly your kites to remember you, Steve.
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 04:19 PM »

May his soul know the rest he so longed for in the past few months, may his family and friends find solace in the beautiful creations he brought to the world, may his memory be a blessing to us all.

Very nicely put, Iftah.  The kite world is a poorer place for Steve's passing.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 05:23 PM »

I'm at a loss for words.  Cry Cry Cry
RobB
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 06:50 AM »

Steve will be missed. I corresponded with him over the years electronically, but never got to meet him in person unfortunately. When he was scaling up his designs, I sent him my SkyBurner XL for evaluation & measuring, and he sent me back an experimental Enigma tucked in with the XL. Totally unexpected, and he only asked for feedback & as he progressed with the design, he asked me to make certain tweaks and give feedback.
I also realized that he was the author of the 'shape shifter standoff' PDF from a while back. Very interesting read. I learned so much from him, and he was a super nice guy to boot.
When I read the news of his passing yesterday, I took a long lunch & spent some time with the kite he sent me, thinking of him...

RoyReed
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 08:47 AM »

Such sad news. May your winds be smooth, Steve.

Roy
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 10:31 AM »

At a time when my enthusiasm for kiting was waning Steve rekindled my interest with stimulating exchanges about kite design. I'm lucky enough to have a couple of his kites and they were so good they got me out flying again. Sadly we never got to meet in person but what a nice guy.

Smooth winds Steve

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom