GWTW Forum
December 18, 2017, 03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LBI, NJ Field Map Locator (THIS WEEKEND)  (Read 676 times)
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+19)

« on: October 02, 2017, 01:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LBIFLY/community/?ref=page_internal

Go right streets are upward from 11th Ave. ; left downward from 11th Ave..

Go down a post or two to see the Kurtis Jones post. Schedule is also here at this link. Will be there Saturday all day from 7 AM-10 PM. Dinner at Surf City Hotel and auction.

Will bring some Brasington SLK'S  and Lam Hoac stunts. Notice Brasington has his own field to DISPLAY his art kites as he is also doing a two day building workshop. VERY NICE! WOW! CAN'T WAIT!

Last year I cancelled due to the rain which was ironic as I was across the bridge the day before at a wedding and was ready to fly the next day. IMPOSSIBLE. At LBI#3 they have come back with a vengeance  Shocked Shocked Shocked to put on a great event!

APJ
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:54 PM by asburyparkjohn » Logged

Kite inventory of Dual Line Kites:Benson - Inner Space; L'Atelier xt.z.; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Light; GPS -SUL, Light, Vent Light/4 Panel Vent-design, Full Vent 5PT design ; Mind Trick SUL Custom 2PT Design, Triple S Mind Trick construction (SSSUL) - NEAR ZERO WIND INDOOR TYPE.
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:53 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1436077229822212&set=p.1436077229822212&type=3&theater

Saturday was packed. Temps were in the 70's and a South wind under 10 mph till Noon then slightly higher (12 mph) for the remainder of the day. Easily over a THOUSAND by 2 PM. By 10 AM on 50' line on a dual I had to quit and move further out from adjacent to the Main Field as I could not fly up/down anymore! Let alone left or right. Not complaining - the turnout was GREAT. Flying a dual other than on the Main Field as a demo even with 75' lines was not possible - ANYWHERE. A great festival. I always fly 50/60' so was good. Practicing my flying skill between several $50 SLK'rs  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

A 10/10 festival.

Next year I hope for more good weather. One thing which was interesting about LBI since I was only there three times and never noticed before is the shape of the Island and the wind pattern for duals. Due to the Island shape a SSW is actually a S wind and a S wind is actually a SE wind so a real clean wind off the water for S winds which there are PURE SE. Also at low tide certain parts make for good on the beach water's edge flying if SSW/S/SE or vice versa (NE/N/NW). Will bring a beach towel next year and check the tides on when they are LOW.  Wink

Cool Cool Cool

I only wished Sunday cooperated but winds rose to 18/20 mph and some showers. Good for REVS ... not so good for dualies ...

APJ

Kite inventory of Dual Line Kites:Benson - Inner Space; L'Atelier xt.z.; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Light; GPS -SUL, Light, Vent Light/4 Panel Vent-design, Full Vent 5PT design ; Mind Trick SUL Custom 2PT Design, Triple S Mind Trick construction (SSSUL) - NEAR ZERO WIND INDOOR TYPE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom