GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 03:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trick Kite Freestyle, with Tim Benson himself...  (Read 1207 times)
Michel
Trade Count: (+11)

« on: September 02, 2009, 11:17 PM »

Trick Kite Freestyle
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 11:41 PM »

This is the vid that got me into trick kiting.

If only I'd realised how difficult it is to fly at anything like Tim's level,
 I might have saved myself a lot of time, but then we all need something to strive for.

Surely one of the great kite promotion vids.
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:51 PM »

That was a very classic video of the Deepspace taken probably a few years ago? If possible try to find Trick or Treat, the Kite DVD featuring mostly the Deepspace and a few Geminis. Very inspiring. Tim Benson did 13 yoyos in one of the sequences Huh

Til then I've not seen any videos of Tim flying the Deepspace until recently when I did a random search in Youtube. This looks much more recent. Pretty short (11 seconds only) with Tim doing a double axel take off.

Flat spin take off

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:51 PM »

If you haven't seen Trick or Treat, get it!  It's just amazing to watch.  

6 kite tom
Jest_of_Eve
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 02:18 AM »

First time I've ever seen Tim in a pair of Jeans!  Cheesy

Mark

http://www.jestofevekites.com
http://www.justin.tv/jest_of_eve

The Talon colourizer will increase your sex-drive and save the world from climate change and pixies!
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:43 AM »

That's whats wrong with that video...

It's the pants instead of the shants!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography