GWTW Forum
December 12, 2018, 02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying lines  (Read 4971 times)
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: April 01, 2018, 05:18 PM »

I'm about to purchase a couple of linesets and was wondering if there's anything new I'm not aware of otger than the Spectra lines I'm about to buy. I used to get LPG but haven't seen any lately anywhere.

Any suggestions or feedback?

Thanks!
Charles G
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 05:45 PM »

Skybond and Climax Protec seem to be popular if you canít find LPG.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:12 PM by Charles G » Logged

coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:22 AM »

Buy bulk line and make your own sets

Way cheaper

I like the 80lb Skybond. Good stuff

Mike
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:54 PM »

We carry Shanti Warp Speed, Skybond and LPG.

socalman320

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 09:05 PM »

I found LPG but only in bulk and I honestly don't have a clue how to set a lineset up or I would gladly buy in bulk.

Yes, Gamelord I saw you have it in bulk.
Norm Pulliam
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 07:38 AM »

I found LPG but only in bulk and I honestly don't have a clue how to set a lineset up or I would gladly buy in bulk.

I like LPG also. Are you wanting to make Quad line-sets or Dual? What #test are you looking to buy? I'm willing to split the cost of a bulk spool depending on what you are looking for. I will make the line-sets and mail them to you...very easy to do. Let me know......Norm

Can make them with sleeving or pig-tails.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:05 AM by np » Logged
breezin
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 09:52 AM »

I'd be interested in horning in here if it helps. Used LPG 125' x 90# yesterday. !st time using LPG. Think I liked it a lot. Shanti would be fine also.Never had it but would like to. I need 65' x 50#, 100' x 90#/80# or 125' x 150#. I've got 120' x 50# and 125' x 90# LPG. 100' x 150# and 82' x 90# Prism line. 100' x 130# HQ line. Would be more than willing to trade the 50# LPG line for any Benson in any shape  Huh.Doesn't come with straps though. They're really nice.I'll pay shipping LOL. Flying in my pasture Iv'e really struggled with 50# line. Hopefully the higher quality LPG will make it a little less irritating. Could be launching the kite and staying in the air will be most helpful though.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
makatakam

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 11:48 AM »

Buy the bulk and make your own. It is seriously easy. Basically, pre-stretch the line, cut to length and tie a loop at each end. You can skip the sleeving if you wish. I have on all the sets that I have made, and I have had no issues. It does reduce weight at the kite end for flying those very light wind days, and should I sleeve a line I would only sleeve the handle end for that reason. Each person has preferences, so whatever floats your boat is the way to go, but even with sleeving at both ends it's not rocket science, and should take no more than an hour once you're familiar with the procedure. I knocked out line sets out on the field in under 20 minutes when I had to. It's really not that hard, and the bulk line will save you at least 50% over pre-made sets.

MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y
socalman320

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 01:03 PM »

Basically I just need two dual line sets with straps. Considering Prism has each set @ 32.00 with straps of Spectra, I just assume get those and be done.

Spectra isn't a bad line. I just thought of looking at other options out there.

LPG I already know about and have quite a bit of it for my quads but was mostly curious about any OTHER lines and experiences with them.

Norm Pulliam
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 01:26 PM »

Buy the bulk and make your own. It is seriously easy. Basically, pre-stretch the line, cut to length and tie a loop at each end. You can skip the sleeving if you wish. I have on all the sets that I have made, and I have had no issues. It does reduce weight at the kite end for flying those very light wind days, and should I sleeve a line I would only sleeve the handle end for that reason. Each person has preferences, so whatever floats your boat is the way to go, but even with sleeving at both ends it's not rocket science, and should take no more than an hour once you're familiar with the procedure. I knocked out line sets out on the field in under 20 minutes when I had to. It's really not that hard, and the bulk line will save you at least 50% over pre-made sets.

ALL GOOD STUFF
Norm Pulliam
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 03:09 PM »

Would be more than willing to trade the 50# LPG line for any Benson in any shape  Huh

You want a Benson in any shape for 50# LPG??  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  You've got to be kidding.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Is this 50# LPG NEW or used? I'm looking for 50# LPG. What length is it? We might be able to work a line trade.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:47 PM by np » Logged
breezin

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 05:15 PM »

Yeah I know. Thought I'd try  Grin. Going to keep it for the Pro Dancer. Came with the Mind Trick and not sure why I'd ever use 50# on a vented.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
Norm Pulliam
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 07:11 PM »

I goofed up big time. I should have bought a bunch of line when Midwest Kites closed.  Cry Cry Cry  Did you buy that Red Zephyr and some of the Custom straps? If you didn't, YOU goofed up too.  Wink
breezin

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 07:40 AM »

I did  Smiley. Wasn't even considering a Zephyr but I sure love that kite. Got a pair of 2 1/2 inch straps. Haven't used them much but now they're breaking in a bit really starting to like them. Went to the site a bunch resisting a quad and never did get any line. Thinking of a more colorful word than goofed  Huh.

Krijn
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 09:15 AM »

http://www.vliegertakkitelines.nl/english

Very good prices.
Roelof deliveres great service.
Any length, pre-stretched.
Shipped from The Netherlands, but shipping will not be too expensive.

Krijn
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom