GWTW Forum
April 25, 2019, 11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tekken DOA SUL  (Read 1382 times)
breezin
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: May 22, 2018, 02:20 PM »

Hooray wind forecast for today was off . This morning winds were mostly 0 to 2 with some 2 to 3 bumps. Spent about a hour popping the kite off the ground and getting a little bit of flight. I've done that with other kites and have felt it was good learning. This one not so much. Felt like a waste of time pretty quick. Not a bad thing just futile. Put my Pro Dancer up for about 1 1/2 hours until wind stayed steady 2 +. Back up on the Tekken and wow. Been fortunate to have had some nice kites in my short time at this. Thanks to the forums I have not had even a mediocre kite. Bonded instantly to 2 kites. The Widow Maker Pro and the Tekken SUL. They seem to say anything that can be done you can do here stupid. Both are kinda snotty and a little demanding. Comparing the 2 kites will have to be done somewhere in the future. Here's a good reason why.Last week and a half I'm back to struggling with 1/2 axles again for some simple reason that I can't figure out yet. Can say this though. Very different kites in a very satisfactory way. Only low wind kite Iv'e flown that sorta compares is the Zephyr. With the bridal and weight adjustments the Z seems to have about 5 different personalities. Flown it in 15 and a little over. Don't like flying it in much over 12 at all. It's a cool kite. The Tekken no adjustments needed. Only other kite Iv'e had that has none is the Jewel(3 times the kite a Vision is IMHO). Never felt the need on it and really doubt I'll feel the need on the Tekken. Flew on 120' x 50# lines and quit flying when winds started hitting 12/13 mph. Kite powers up at 2 to 3. The pull and flight characteristics stay amazingly the same through the whole wind range. That is super cool. Don't quite know why yet but that just excites the hell out of me. Still somewhat intimidated by the Mind Trick. The more I fly it the more comfortable I'm becoming with it and the more I like it. The pull in 20+ was more then I thought it would be.Bummed me out in the beginning but getting used to it. The pull feels real familiar to the Tekken in 15 and lower. Firm but very responsive. Right on the edge so to speak. Like it's needed. With other kites it seems the pull is something you deal with. Not quite sure I'm expressing my thoughts correctly. Its like the degree of pull was calculated in the design. Not as something to over come or work around. Something to use with intent. Extremely pleased with my Sky Burner and Sky Sport design kites.They are all 4 so very different yet so rewarding to fly. It will be awhile but really looking forward to my 1st Benson. These top of the line kites really are worth more than we pay  Smiley.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
breezin
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 02:23 PM »

OOps thanks Steve.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: