GWTW Forum
June 22, 2018, 11:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Djinn by Kite Forge  (Read 1037 times)
KiteLife
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: June 03, 2018, 11:22 PM »

Should be ready by July. Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/kiteforge/posts/400728347070364

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 11:42 AM »

Nice video and great flying!

Isn't that a Rev though?
KiteLife

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:18 PM »

Thanks! Smiley

For those who have the thought ďit looks like a...Ē

Every single dual line sport kite today is two leading edges, spreaders and a spine... They all look like Rogallo Wings.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogallo_wing

The Hadzicki Wing is no different, and no less amazing as a platform to evolve upon. Like all inventions, they eventually become public domain (patent expiration) as itís designed into our legal systems so that we can evolve even further. 25-30 years is well beyond the usual window for such an invention.

Hence the release of Freilein kites, Poloís now independent company, Bazzerís Phoenix and several others including the Djinn. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
KiteLife

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 01:22 PM »

To hit the other point - this isnít a 1:1 Rev, particularly in the new Sync Bridle which change the flight characteristics so much that pilots at all skills levels have consistently been able to recognize the differences, all using the same key words and phrases to describe them.

There are other significant tweaks as well.

The comparison I would draw in this case is Ferrari executives building a car for consumption, or having professional drivers building a car for their needs - both can be great, but vastly different approaches... The Djinn was built for me and my trained pilots, though it translates and will be available to pilots at any level.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Frazer
Trade Count: (+27)

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 02:57 PM »

Isn't that just a Rev though?
Fixed Cheesy

POTM

-Frazer
kenmcneill
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 03:15 PM »

There are other significant tweaks as well.

Very nice John! From the video and pictures, it looks like you've made some very nice and clever tweaks to the "formula" and probably just inside the "play nice" zone. ;-)  It's on my wish list. Very attractive to boot. Loving the light play on that poly.

K@BMK
Steve Hall
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 05:48 PM »

"standing on the shoulders of giants"
about time!

Steve ...
former owner GWTW Kites
former kite flyer
currently the "slightly impaired" owner of the GWTW Kite Forum
mwp
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 07:18 PM »

Looks nice. Is the sync bridle similar to Lam's Abs, looks kind of similar with the trapezoids and attachment points?
KiteLife

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 07:41 PM »

Not sure about Lamís bridle, but as I recall itís more derived from a French bridle which still has a single connecting leg between top and bottom bridle decks.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
KiteLife

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 07:43 PM »

Thanks all for the nice comments btw, I am beyond pleased with this kite - it really was made for what I want out of a kite, lots of new design details and resolved issues with traditional quad builds.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
skb
Trade Count: (+23)

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 07:53 PM »

Where will it be made?

Sent from my '11 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.13
KiteLife

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 01:21 AM »

The most Iíll answer at this time is that Iím working with an established company that already does the Kaiju indoor kite for me, Iíve known the owner for a long time, and that theyíre not in China. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
dayhiker
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 02:05 PM »

I have Kite Forge Kaiju from the first run. The Kaiju build quality is excellent.  It is a step or three above other kites it's size. The entire kite, sleeve & lines have had great care in their development & production.  It performs well above my skill level.  I expect nothing less of the Djinn.  Hope to add a Djinn to my quiver soon.  Wishing Kite Forge all the success possible.    SHBKF

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
SHBKF
N4XRD
KiteLife

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 02:42 PM »

Kind words, and validating - thank you!

Remember, uniquely, I donít clock out at 5pm... This is a 24/7 lifestyle, vocation and responsibility for me, and I have to be able to use and trust my own equipment fully - whatever Kite Forge produces now and moving forward, you can be assured that my bag will contain the exact same unmodified, off the shelf kites we sell. 🙏🏻

I live here, if it stinks I have to smell it everyday. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
KiteLife

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 02:44 PM »

iím Not saying we wonít eventually run into an issue somewhere along the line, but Iíll be accountable and have an unusually vested interest in making it right.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom