GWTW Forum
July 15, 2018, 12:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to kiting, trying to compile a list  (Read 518 times)
Plaith
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 05, 2018, 08:02 PM »

As far as sport and stunt kites, aside from
Prism
Atelier
Levelone
Benson
HQ
Premier
What other companies and or people are there to look out for?
Ive got a bug to collect and fly 🤔😎
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:03 PM »

Are you looking for kites from companies no longer in existence

or just current stuff?

By the way,

Welcome to the Forum.  Smiley

tcope
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:45 PM »

Speaking of people to look out for....

Smiley

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
https://www.youtube.com/user/UtahKiteFlier
Krijn
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 11:51 PM »

DiamondKites
R-sky
open-source kites
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 04:01 AM »

Sky Burner (Jon Trennepohl). My favorite kite of all is the Widow Maker.
Blue Moon (Ken McNeil makes works of art. The Exile is super at medium wind speeds and the 61/49 is an interesting single that flies a bit like a fighter kite and looks terrific)
Sturdy Design (Will Sturdy - he was an up and coming artisan. He had some nice dual lines but I think he's only making his Chiroptera super ultra light. It's gotten some nice reviews and his site mentions that he's re-designed it a bit.)

Bob D.
adx1592
Trade Count: (+32)

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 05:21 AM »

Seconding Skyburner and blue moon. no question

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 05:32 AM »

Price range might narrow down the list.

You can add Flying Wings and Skydog to the list

ATB,
Sam
coop
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 06:29 AM »

Big Easy Kites
Blue Moon
Ariee Kite works
Top Of the Line
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 07:45 AM »

Nevermind the random names .... My favourites are:-

Jest of Eve (not producing)
Soyokase (not producing)
C Style/ Acroland (not producing)
Alpha kites
Sport Kite Design (Sweden)
Sky Sport Design (Lam Hoac)
Viper Kites (not producing)
Whoever make the Hugo and Bill
Kitehouse
DEsign  (not producing)
R Sky
Challenger Sails

Frazer
Trade Count: (+27)

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 08:44 AM »

Whoever make the Hugo and Bill (not producing)
fixed

-Frazer
skb
Trade Count: (+23)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 12:46 PM »

an old kite site that lists quite a few manufacturers from the '90s

Sent from my '11 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.13
Plaith
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 11:09 PM »

I've just begun, have only 2 prisms and am hooked. Price range? Depends what for. . But up to the sky 😎
Have a prism nexus and micron, now on to the next. I'm kind of a collector of thibgs, and after my brother obliterated all four of my kites in the 90s, ive decided to begin an actual collection that he wont touch 🤔
breezin
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 09:58 AM »

Got 2 Sky Burners and 2 Sky Sport Designs that are premium kites. I don't have a favorite between them. Different wind ranges and flight characteristics. Want to experience other kites but doubt I'll fly anything better. Sky Burner Solus, Sky Sport Design Fearless 2 and Benson Super Fly are the next new kites on the list. Bought a few older well thought of kites last couple months or I'd already have the Super Fly. Super deals and blame this forum for not being able to resist them. I take no personal responsibility what so ever. My 1st quad no restoration needed, one dual a little, one dual will be a ongoing project. Sky Sport Design Tekken SUL I took to faster than any kite I've flown. I don't consider myself a collector but the things keep appearing. Careful cause you can spend the next year just looking at all the open source plans. I'm only 3/4 of the way into my 1st year and AMAZED at how much I've learned here. Hi my name is Ted and I am a kite addict. NO one here will help you get over that. They encourage just the opposite  Grin.Into the Wind has the Kymera and Hydra for 1/2 off. Around $200.00 gets you free shipping.My Hydra takes pretty precise inputs but recovers from mistakes really well.Learned most of my tricks on it and my Prism Zephyr. Never flown the Kymera but a lot of folks really like it. Hard for me to resist. If $ not that big of a issue getting both is a bang up deal. Hydra's a advanced kite but your Micron experience should allow you to fly it well pretty fast.Flown it in 3 to 20+. The kite I fly the most but I'm a high risk high reward flier.Probably be a better flier if I wasn't but it's so damn exciting. No it's not my favorite.After moving up to higher end kites the favorite is the one at the end of the lines. Prior to that Premier Widow ng was my favorite hands down and I had some nice mid range kites. That kite is why I have a sweet,sweet, Sky Burner Widow Maker Pro. Oh yeah and those gosh darn kite pushers that lurk around this here forum.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom