GWTW Forum
December 12, 2018, 02:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Headphones again!  (Read 1263 times)
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: July 29, 2018, 10:49 PM »

So, every 10 years or so, I get a wild hair and, so after my daughter has quit stealing dad's MP3 player, I've taken the plunge and bought myself a new music player. Drat and darn it of the new fancy ones now don't come with headphones anymore. Saves me the cost of a bad pair I don't like, but would use because they came in the box. But, now I need some new headphones.

Wondering what you like in this new age. Really, I don't want bluetooth, although that is now an option. I'm just the sort of person that would get outside and then realize I'd forgot to charge my headphones. If I did go that route, I'd want really long battery life, which I suppose would carry a weight penalty. The last set I had almost forever was a set of Shure in-ear phones, but because of that now they're sort of gross. I don't really like the silicone in the ear earplug types. So, assuming it's corded, over the ear or nearly in the ear, what do you all like these days?

Tim P.
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 11:47 PM »

Ditch the cords and come up to the present. Bluetooth works great. I've had other Bluetooth headsets that have been okay, but I recently bought the Plantronics Backbeat Fit and love it. Behind the head band stays out of your way, over the ear keeps it stable. Small speakers sit on your ears with little funnel type devices directing the sound to the ear canal. SUPER comfortable and great sound, they last all day and then some. They're not noise canceling, so you can still hear ambient sound around you. So far they've been the perfect thing for me. I bought it specifically for me to have for when I'm flying and i sometimes forget I have them on. Love 'em!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/plantronics-backbeat-fit-wireless-sport-headphones-training-edition-black-core/6065110.p?skuId=6065110
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 08:23 AM »

If you want the best sound.

https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/earphones.html

Several models topping out at $350.

20db outside noise rejection!

inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 11:30 AM »

For 'over ears' I cannot speak highly enough of Nuraphones (bluetooth but the batteries last a long time)

https://www.nuraphone.com

They analyse your hearing respone and adjust to suit. They look odd but they really do work

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom