GWTW Forum
August 14, 2018, 08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fun = low wind days + ATM S.U.L Kite  (Read 377 times)
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 01, 2018, 09:22 PM »

Hello:

For the last couple of weeks I started to fly my kites again, but Summer days are no wind or rainy days. I'm a low wind kite fan. Most of my kites are rated UL or SUL. People that know me knows how trick addicted I am with Stunt kites.  Smiley and that part hasn't changed...  Grin

So here I'm Sharing a video from last week's session. I was Flying my ATM SUL. Hope you like it...

http://youtu.be/qu_rtER-QgI

Thank You.
breezin
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 09:45 PM »

Good to see a new video Jorge. Sold a few kites awhile back to get some Sky Burner and Lam kites. The one I regretted selling the most was a Premier Nighthawk. Couple weeks back I lucked out and got to replace it with a brand new one. The videos of you flying a Nighthawk are outstanding. Fella asked a couple days ago why I replaced the Nighthawk before the Addiction. I referred him to your videos. My grand kids still have a Addiction. That kite makes me laugh my ass off.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:25 PM »

Good to see a new video Jorge. Sold a few kites awhile back to get some Sky Burner and Lam kites. The one I regretted selling the most was a Premier Nighthawk. Couple weeks back I lucked out and got to replace it with a brand new one. The videos of you flying a Nighthawk are outstanding. Fella asked a couple days ago why I replaced the Nighthawk before the Addiction. I referred him to your videos. My grand kids still have a Addiction. That kite makes me laugh my ass off.

Thank You.

I still have all my kites. The nighthawk I was flying is not mine. It's from a friend. but it's a great kite to fly. Trying to get back to kite flying in a constant way. Its a great way to exercise while having fun. This Saturday I'm going to fly again. I'm taking my camera so I can make another video.  Soon I'll have another video posted here....  Smiley
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 09:27 PM »

Nice job  The ATM is very tricky but not the lightest wind trick kite  impressive flying in those winds..
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 08:33 PM »

Nice job  The ATM is very tricky but not the lightest wind trick kite  impressive flying in those winds..

Thanks. I Agree. Normally SUL kites doesn't have the mass for tricks. This Kite is an SUL just because it has a lighter frame than the UL version. but is not a true SUL Kite. But Still I love it how it flies.
I removed one on the brass weights from the tail and had the top lines of the brittle one more knot shorter. That helps to keep the kite flying in such a low wind condition. Also Managing to keep the kite in low wind condition is a great way to do cardio while having fun.

I also have a SkyBurner Aura UL and Solus. UL. that will fly well in those conditions. I will do tricks too in a gentle way but I wanted to fly something more aggressive that day.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom