GWTW Forum
October 19, 2018, 08:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atelier Transfer XT.r  (Read 457 times)
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 26, 2018, 04:11 PM »

My Flying skills are not even close compared to Mathieu Mayet. but when I fly this kite people arround gives me great comments about how good it looks on the air.

I've got this kite back around late 2006 from Steve when gwtw-kites used to sale kites. Twelve years and I'm still Flying it. Its a great kite to fly Back then this kite only had 2 versions the Transfer xt.r and the xt.s (even Bigger)

and I manage to get my hands on one thanks to gwtw back then.

I'm trying to post a new video every week.
I Apologize for the video been a bit dark. The Weather here hasn't been the best this weekend and I managed to fly toward the end of the day when the rain stopped.

https://youtu.be/-ixh6WMApUo

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 05:17 PM »

Thanks for the video.

Soothing.

Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 06:01 PM »

Thanks for the video.

Soothing.

Thanks
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:26 AM »

Beautiful! That settles it! I was thinking of selling my xt.r's, (UL/Std/HW) or my Nirvana standard and HW. I really like the look of the Nirvanas but the xt,r;s are better at rotational tricks. I wasn't sure which would go. It's the Nirvanas.

Bob D.
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 09:42 PM »

Beautiful! That settles it! I was thinking of selling my xt.r's, (UL/Std/HW) or my Nirvana standard and HW. I really like the look of the Nirvanas but the xt,r;s are better at rotational tricks. I wasn't sure which would go. It's the Nirvanas.

I've never flown a Nirvana or any R-Sky kite. I do remember deciding between a Nirvana or a Transfer kite before buying this kite. I went with the Transfer because it was slightly bigger than the Nirvana. Back then I wasn't that good with tricks and the Transfer looked great flying on the videos.

Every kite has its own personality. The transfer is good for rotational tricks. Maybe the Nirvana is better for pitch based tricks than the Transfer. Every kite I have has the ability to perform a different set of tricks better than another.

I wish there was a kite all in one. I guess that's impossible. The mass, weight distribution, and shape of the kite that maybe good for a specific trick might not be good for other tricks.  In My case I would say that the kites that is closest to my style of flying are:
 Smiley My ATM,
 Smiley My French Connection and
 Smiley My Duende 2.2
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:03 PM »

Actually the only kite in my bag that is not a Lam Hoac kite other than the Benson Inner Space is the Atelier Transfer XT.z = a kite that LOVES high wind - highly recommended 10-15 mph. I have never found a superior Standard or Vent which EXCEEDS IT - however I feel if I went to France at some big festival it may be exceeded?  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Kite inventory of Dual Line Kites:Benson - Inner Space; L'Atelier xt.z.; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Light; GPS -SUL, Light, Vent Light/4 Panel Vent-design, Full Vent 5PT design ; Mind Trick SUL Custom 2PT Design, Triple S Mind Trick construction (SSSUL) - NEAR ZERO WIND INDOOR TYPE.
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: Today at 03:51 AM »

I had a chance to fly a xt.z once in 10-15 and it pulled like a truck! I'm not sure of the wind speed but it was a nice, solid breeze. I'm not a huge fan of the higher wind speeds because it's usually hard to trick at those speeds. My xt.r vented is nice with the variable vents because I can change the venting based on how hard the wind is blowing. At the lower end of the range (maybe 10 mph), I don't need as much venting to trick it. At higher wind speeds, venting helps but tricking has to be done at the edge of the wind window.

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom