GWTW Forum
December 12, 2018, 02:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BMK Mamba Standard vs Vented??  (Read 2562 times)
HiNator86
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 03:45 AM »

Here is a Drawing for my Mamba! Can't wait to get it. Shouldn't be long now!

The Bigger the Better!!
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 05:04 AM »

nice, quite a classic GWTW vibe to it (There used to be GWTW versions offered of Ken's kites back when GWTW was a shop that happened to have a web forum associated with it)

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
breezin
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 08:45 AM »

Hard pulling high wind? Mamba? Never even seen one in person let alone flown one. It's on my man I want one list. Having read about them never thought of it as a high wind kite. Not flown my Hawaiian Team above 20 mph. Loud and PULLS. Mind Trick vented to 35 but won't go over 30 again. It'll trick in 25. Mamba vented probably will too with skills. Had a Jet Stream Reloaded but jacked the kite up. Rated to 38 but not a huge pulling kite.The bigger Jet would probably be more to your liking. ITW Panther is another cheaper kite that fits your description. Newest high wind kite for me is a HQ Delta Hawk rated to 46+. Good god almighty!!! Got some permanent issues from a car wreck so not in the greatest shape. Flew it for the 1st time last Wednesday in 20+ for about an hour. Had to take some medicine and went back out for a few hours on my vented. Next day I could hardly move. Gimped around for the next few days and couldn't fly again till Monday. Hawk kicked my butt big time. I've fallen in love with that wicked little thing. I had to readjust my stance when learning to fly the Mind Trick. Took a bit and was kinda disappointed in it until I learned.Lam set me straight. Now it's the kite I look forward to flying the most when winds hit 15. Not knowing how to position myself I let the Hawk jerk me around. Pain ensued. When flying fast high wind kites I believe they say take up a fighting position. Next time on the Hawk I'll be bracing myself a whole lot different. I am into the tricks. When the winds pick up I want a speed kite. Hawk will teach me the skills to fly one of those kites if it doesn't kill me first. Like the colors of your Mamba. If your not happy I'll trade you one of my Hawaiian Teams and Hawk for it. You'd be getting the very, very short end of the stick though. More than willing to take advantage LOL. My guess is your going to love it.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
HiNator86

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 09:34 AM »

Thanks for the response. I did get a Hawaiian, NSR, and a Delta Hawk so I can be more versed in different winds and pull! all these recommendations came from you here! Thank you! I'm still on the search for Thor's Hammer! I've watched a few videos and that looks fun to fly as well!

When I get my Mamba, I'll definitely post more pictures!

Thanks
Nator

The Bigger the Better!!
SurfCityVortices
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 09:59 AM »

Nice Mamba color design!

DD
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 06:06 PM »

Could look At kites that in to the wind has or had. I have hq beast that isn't bad. Also a California condor. Might find something like that. Hammers seem to go for silly money but are trickable

Sine Metu!
HiNator86

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2018, 05:29 PM »

Received my BMK Mamba today!!! It looks awesome! Can't wait to fly it!

Thanks Ken for the awesome Kite!

Nator
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:36 PM by HiNator86 » Logged

The Bigger the Better!!
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 06:04 PM »

purty...

oh my...just saw these on Ken's site too:

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
esinger

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 03:35 PM »

That's an awesome Mamba!  Congrats!
HiNator86

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 07:27 AM »

That's an awesome Mamba!  Congrats!

Thanks! Hopefully soon I'll get out and fly it!

Nator

The Bigger the Better!!
Big Bri pork pie
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 10:03 AM »

Thats a nice Lady.Congrats.
  I am waiting for mine from Ken.All these nice coulor choices make me Twitchy about my coulor choices.

BBPP Smiley
HiNator86

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 12:14 PM »

Thats a nice Lady.Congrats.
  I am waiting for mine from Ken.All these nice coulor choices make me Twitchy about my coulor choices.

BBPP Smiley

Post a picture on this thread when you get yours!
Let's make this a Mamba Picture Thread now!

Nator

The Bigger the Better!!
esinger

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 12:37 PM »

Here's my Mamba that I recently bought from Ken
HiNator86

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 08:23 AM »

Here's my Mamba that I recently bought from Ken

I want another Mamba! LOL
That looks AWESOME!!

Nator

The Bigger the Better!!
reddobie
Trade Count: (+44)

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 01:56 PM »

Mamba Vented, Blue Moon Kites by Mark, on Flickr

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom