GWTW Forum
April 26, 2019, 09:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky Shift  (Read 1179 times)
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+33)

« on: October 25, 2018, 08:24 PM »

Not much discussion going on here in the SLK section so I thought I'd start something.
I've been curious to hear how some of you R-Sky Shift owners like or dislike the kite?
I believe it's not in production anymore but I may be able to find a used one someday if it's worth while.
Can maybe someone comment on how it flies/glides compared to other similar kites?
Thanks in advance.

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 05:25 AM »

blech....blech blech....I have(had?) one - I lent it out years ago, pretty certain I got it back though.  I cannot even find a picture of mine....weird...
--found a picture finally:

Wholly underwhelming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iQ_zOEc-bo this is an accurate flight video. I have the 1.0 version and it is never stable.  Now, it was meant to be a active low wind flyer that would not be stable, but they have created a kite that has 4 rods sticking out the corners that catch on everything.

• There is no bridle, just a loop tied off to a spot on the spine.
  • The wings are tensioned by a line to the wingtips but i never found much difference with how they are tensioned.
  • There is zero glide (it will drop like a stone).
  • There is no real directional controlled movement - this is more a a flyer reacts to the way the wind pushed it type of action.
In my opinion it was a waste of money.....it has a really neat shape and design but that was about it.

I have thoughts about putting some tails on the tips and making it into a stable flyer, but need to find it first!

Now, if you want a well made R-Sky kite active single line flyer get a Bird'x. They are awesome and great flyers.

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+33)

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 10:56 PM »

Thanks for that. I appreciate the info  Wink

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: