GWTW Forum
March 20, 2019, 09:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Respect  (Read 1301 times)
breezin
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: November 12, 2018, 11:58 AM »

Been here just over a year. Kite Life close to. Not adept at social media and really don't care to be. From my posts you can see at times I'm kinda of a dufus. Post where I shouldn't or being a little ignorant of context.  Joining these 2 forums has been a much needed life changing adventure. Thanks to all here I have learned a ton,don't break things as often and can fly pretty dang well with some awesome kites. Years ago I was on facebook for about a month. Left cause I could not believe the crap. What I love the most is when you come to GWTW or Kite Life it's about the kites. No BS wanted, needed or tolerated. I can be a little thin skinned so I am reluctant to chat. Written things can easily be misconstrued.I try to represent myself as I am so when I finally get to meet some of you there will be no surprise. One thing that has stuck with me from early on came from John Barresi. On a old post when things had gotten heated he said at times he sits back and savors what he is going to post  like a fine wine. Last night reading a post I got really, really pissed. I mulled it over, wrote, edited and deleted for several hours.What John had said kept going thru my head as it has before. After my last post I sent a not so nice pm. The response was not what I expected. Had planned on not responding no matter the message if one was sent back. Pissing contest have never done me any good whether I won or lost. Opinions differ and that's a very good thing. As time passes and getting better on the forums my skin WILL thicken. Although I will never not defend myself if I think it's needed. Thanks and much respect Ca Ike.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
Roger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:21 PM »

I was appalled at the post that prompted this thread and no less disappointed at the response (or lack thereof) that I received in the same vein. You have my sympathy breezin and my sincere thank you for your kind & thoughtful responses to my posts in the past. The idea that folks need to 'get over it' or grow a thick skin in the face of insults and derision is just wrong in so many ways. Damn depressing. I think I'll just go fly a kite.
breezin

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:09 PM »

Well in the end getting to go fly a kite is what it's all about right  Cheesy.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:49 AM »

I flew yesterday for the first time in too long.

It felt great.

Jim Bob
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 06:49 AM »

An absolutely perfect post, Chilese.
Mike and I had become friends over the past two years, and I am quite certain that as you flew a beautiful kite and enjoyed it, and perhaps thought of him, you honored him in a way he would greatly appreciate.
Let's fly a kite and remember and celebrate Mike and all our kite friends who have gone before us.
As we look up and smile... 
breezin

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 07:04 AM »

Here,here Jim Bob!!!That kite is gorgeous.Not seen a ugly kite yet. Talked to a builder yesterday. If your ears got to burning a bit John that was us LOL.I've used colorizers so much I just confuse myself.Thought about the conversation a bit.Seeing that Aerie confirms what I've been thinking. When my turn comes they can make it any color they want. It will be soon YAY,YAY,YAY. I won't be disappointed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum
Our forum is made possible by the support of the members of our community.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites